Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

But I found an another issue which is the default driver is always OS X driver in nvidia panel. I have to change it to nvidia driver every restart!!!! but the trick is even it says using OS X driver all the gps are recognized. Have no idea!

That is just cosmetic. You cannot use a 980ti without the web drivers being used. If your NVRAM isn't being stored then it will always say you are using the default driver. If you are booting with nvda_drv=1 then you are using the web drivers.

:p thats wired, nvm just leave it as it seems no problem so far and move to next section audio...usb.. Etc
many thanks

Having some of the same problems.
I can select Nvidia Web Drivers but when I reboot it still has OS X Default GD selected
I'm running GTX 970 and MP 6,1. The system is also only recognizing 8m of v-ram

Having some of the same problems.
I can select Nvidia Web Drivers but when I reboot it still has OS X Default GD selected
I'm running GTX 970 and MP 6,1. The system is also only recognizing 8m of v-ram

Inject/NVidia/False to solve the VRAM issue.

As long as you are booting with nvda_drv=1 then it DOES NOT matter what the Nvidia Driver Manager or the Menu says.

Inject/NVidia/False to solve the VRAM issue.

As long as you are booting with nvda_drv=1 then it DOES NOT matter what the Nvidia Driver Manager or the Menu says.

Hey Slim It's already set to false. Having a hard time figuring out what is causing the problem.

View attachment config.plist.zip

I've been tearing my hair out for weeks on this one. It's time to ask for help.

System Info

Mother Board - H87N-Wifi
CPU - i5-4670
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3
OS SSD - ADATA SX900 256GB
WiFi + BT - Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352
GPU - Zotac GTX 970

I've been running a successful dual boot 10.10.3 with Win 8.1 for about a year. One morning after switching from OSX to Win and back again I ran into a reboot loop on the OSX side. Everything is still 100% on Win 8.1, but I do all my productivity in OSX.

It won't boot with nvda_drv=1, reboot loops every time. The System can be booted with nv_disable=1, this seems to be the only stable way. Doesn't matter if I disable the 4600 or not. I can post to pci1, but not with the web drivers, and disabled only gives me one screen. This can be done with or without the 4600.

I'm running quad displays, 3 on the 970, one on the intel 4600.

After a bunch of tinkering, it definitely has something to do with loading the web drivers. Without thinking I ended up updating everything, everything seems to be working except the memory isn't reporting 100% and I can't use the 970. I did try multiple drivers, throughout 10.4 & 10.5 with security updates. Same issues.

Currently
OSX 10.10.5 14F1509
Web Driver 346.02.03f04

I feel like I've tried everything, but who knows I may have a typo somewhere I just can't see.

I can't find an answer after digging through the forums for a couple days. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this. I really don't want to work in Windows.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 236
I've been tearing my hair out for weeks on this one. It's time to ask for help.

System Info

Mother Board - H87N-Wifi
CPU - i5-4670
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3
OS SSD - ADATA SX900 256GB
WiFi + BT - Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT Broadcom BCM4352
GPU - Zotac GTX 970

I've been running a successful dual boot 10.10.3 with Win 8.1 for about a year. One morning after switching from OSX to Win and back again I ran into a reboot loop on the OSX side. Everything is still 100% on Win 8.1, but I do all my productivity in OSX.

It won't boot with nvda_drv=1, reboot loops every time. The System can be booted with nv_disable=1, this seems to be the only stable way. Doesn't matter if I disable the 4600 or not. I can post to pci1, but not with the web drivers, and disabled only gives me one screen. This can be done with or without the 4600.

I'm running quad displays, 3 on the 970, one on the intel 4600.

After a bunch of tinkering, it definitely has something to do with loading the web drivers. Without thinking I ended up updating everything, everything seems to be working except the memory isn't reporting 100% and I can't use the 970. I did try multiple drivers, throughout 10.4 & 10.5 with security updates. Same issues.

Currently
OSX 10.10.5 14F1509
Web Driver 346.02.03f04

I feel like I've tried everything, but who knows I may have a typo somewhere I just can't see.

I can't find an answer after digging through the forums for a couple days. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this. I really don't want to work in Windows.

Have you tried doing a CMOS reset and then setting up the BIOS again?

Have you tried doing a CMOS reset and then setting up the BIOS again?

I'll look into a CMOS, I've reset BIOS to default, and flashed it a few times with no result.

Back