Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Jovet is correct. I run the installer all the time to update my Clover install. At the root of your OS X install there will be a folder called EFI backups that will contain a complete copy of the older version of Clover that was installed. But, all of your Clover stuff will still be where it should be, config.plist, any kext, and any SSDT/DSDT files.

In the admin section of this forum it was determined, through testing, that the Gigabyte 100 series boards do not support NVRAM natively. For NVRAM support you need to install EmuVariableUefi-64. I have updated the first post of this thread with steps to set it up if you need it, see problem #6.

cool that did it for me. thanks slim.jim

if it helps for anyone else, I installed the EmuVariableUefi-64 using Clover Configurator. I thought that was easier than rerunning the clover installer

cool that did it for me. thanks slim.jim

if it helps for anyone else, I installed the EmuVariableUefi-64 using Clover Configurator. I thought that was easier than rerunning the clover installer

Cool. I didn't know you could do that.

Hi Jim,

I think I actually read all 92 pages of this post, and I still can't find how to get rid of problem 4(black screen). Here's what I did.

-Installed 10.11.5 with Unibeast, able to boot and everything from this post(click), so if you need settings for my setup you can take a look there
-Change config.plist with clover to untick nv_disable=1 and ticking nvda_drv=1
-Installed Nvidia web drivers version 346.03.10f01
-Reboot - gets to black screen
-Reboot, but without nvda_drv=1 and with nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 - able to get back into os
-Try method 1 - edit config.plist with text edit
-Reboot with nvda_drv=1, npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1 - gets to black screen
-Reboot, but without nvda_drv=1 or kext-dev-mode=1 but with nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 - able to get back into os
-Try method 3 - navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist, which btw was hidden so I couldn't find it for like 5 minutes before realizing to show hidden files. Since I have a x99 system I have MacPro6,1 configured with clover, so I change the string under "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6" from "config1" to "none". I use the terminal commands "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel" and "sudo kextcache -system-caches"
-Reboot with nvda_drv=1, npci=0x2000, ketx-dev-mode=1 - gets to black screen
-Look in the mirror with frustration.....
-Maybe try 346.03.10f02 - update to this version
-Reboot with nvda_drv=1, npci=0x2000, kext-dev-mode=1 - gets to black screen
-Ready to hulk smash the **** out of my apartment

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I think I did my signature right, but if I didn't I have a Asus X99 deluxe mobo, 5820k, GTX 780Ti, and a 4K monitor, so I am using a DP1.2 to get 4K 60Hz, no VGA issues. I'll attach my config.plist I am booting with as well as the info.plist file so you can take a look. I honestly cannot figure out what I need to do to get this working. I'll also attach the about mac, which is weird too because it says my CPU is clocked at 4.2Ghz, but I never overclock it so it might be just cosmetic things?

My setup is currently running Windows 10 64bit on my Intel DC P3700 800GB SSD, so I am running this hackintosh install on my Intel 750 1.2TB SSD. I mention this because maybe my GPU is broken, even though windows 10 is running without one hitch and I can easily game it up to like 60FPS with right settings for GTA:V... I'm doubting everything at this point now...

PLZ HALP

TIA

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Info.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 12.53.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 12.53.49 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
Tried using EmuVariable via Clover. Said it installed correctly. Rebooted and no change still OSX Default drivers... Any other options?

Last edited:
Tried using EmuVariable via Clover. Said it installed correctly. Rebooted and no change still OSX Default drivers... Any other options?
Did you also install the rc scripts? Did you change the Nvidia preference panel to Web driver before rebooting?

Did you also install the rc scripts? Did you change the Nvidia preference panel to Web driver before rebooting?
Yes I changed the pref pane. Which RC scripts? I reran the clover installer and checked installed RC scrips in the target volume. Still it kicks back to Apple Drivers.

Any thoughts? ***EDIT*** Nevermind, couple of reboots later and we are set fam. Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
An insufficient power supply can have exactly the same symptoms as Problem 4 above except the problem still remains whether the system type is changed or the patch is applied. This is not off-topic, as this should be noted in the section below Problem 4 as a possible cause of the display not working. Remember that many people are changing from integrated graphics with low power consumption to a video card with higher power needs.

I had a 220W power supply and a "EVGA GT740 DDR3 4GB SC" that recommended a 400W power supply. The computer would display right up to the end of the boot sequence. When the desktop should have been displayed, the Sony 27" HDTV that was the display would say NO SIGNAL. (Oddly enough my 30" monitor, an Auria EQ276W, would display the image fine as well as another HDMI monitor. A Samsung 24" HDTV would say NO SIGNAL as well as the the Sony HDTV.)

With no other changes, I changed the power supply to a 450W power supply and it solved the problem.

Last edited:
An insufficient power supply can have exactly the same symptoms as Problem 4 above except the problem still remains whether the system type is changed or the patch is applied. This is not off-topic, as this should be noted in the section below Problem 4 as a possible cause of the display not working. Remember that many people are changing from integrated graphics with low power consumption to a video card with higher power needs.

I had a 220W power supply and a "EVGA GT740 DDR3 4GB SC" that recommended a 400W power supply. The computer would display right up to the end of the boot sequence. When the desktop should have been displayed, the Sony 27" HDTV that was the display would say NO SIGNAL. (Oddly enough my 30" monitor, an Auria EQ276W, would display the image fine as well as another HDMI monitor. A Samsung 24" HDTV would say NO SIGNAL as well as the the SONY HDTV.)

With no other changes, I changed the power supply to a 450W power supply and it solved the problem.
Seems strange to me that a power supply would have more pins than it has power to actually supply those pins unless you used a splitter somewhere? Isn't there some standard that says how much power is allowed per pin? This is why graphics cards have different number of power pins (6,8,12,16) instead of just 2 pins. Maybe the graphics card is pulling more power than the specification states. Maybe the power supply has more pins to allow more choices for where you put that power (if you put the power in this graphics card then you can't have the power for that hard drive, etc.)

Back