Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Whoohoo! @joevt - thank you. I wasn't using lines 2 and 4 from your suggested cache clear. I also had to remember to not boot from the USB, but rather the SSD with the configured Clover on it. Brilliant - thank you so much!

This gives me hope, I also wasn't using lines 2 and 4. Did you need to disable SIP entirely? I noticed that using the tools provided here (UniBeast/MultiBeast) already applies a Custom Configuration to SIP.

Hey,

I'm having trouble setting the NVIDIA Web Driver as my default, every time I restart and reboot it goes back to the OS X default. I have a GTX 960.

Last edited:
Hey,

I'm having trouble setting the NVIDIA Web Driver as my default, every time I restart and reboot it goes back to the OS X default. I have a GTX 960.

Your board isn't storing NVRAM properly. If you have nvda_drv=1 in the boot arguments in your config.plist then it is just cosmetic.

Hey,

Use kextstat command to see which nvidia driver is running. If the kexts say Web then it's the web version.

Use kextstat command to see which nvidia driver is running. If the kexts say Web then it's the web version.

This can easily be done with this command in terminal:

sudo kextstat | grep nv

After reading these and many forums while building my first hackintosh this past 2 months, i am finally breaking down and seeking advice. this is my first post in any forum since i started this project. i am unable to get my machine to get to the log in screen when my evga gt 740 sc is in the machine. That is unless i use nv_disable=1. which is awful with no acceleration. what it does do is gets to a black screen that has a circle that goes away then a cursor flashes in the upper right hand corner of the screen. then back to the spinning circle. then the cursor flashes in the corner again. and it keeps doing just that. I keep reading other people with this card having similar issues but the only answer i ever see is that the card should work OTB. it did work when i used ML. but since i did a clean install of El Capitan i am unable to reslove this issue. does anyone have a solution or any advice for me?

I might be tempted to try enabling the graphics built in to the cpu and boot with the monitor attached to the motherboard. Then install the Nvidia driver from Nvidia.com Then connect the monitor to the graphics card.

Just an idea.

After reading these and many forums while building my first hackintosh this past 2 months, i am finally breaking down and seeking advice. this is my first post in any forum since i started this project. i am unable to get my machine to get to the log in screen when my evga gt 740 sc is in the machine. That is unless i use nv_disable=1. which is awful with no acceleration. what it does do is gets to a black screen that has a circle that goes away then a cursor flashes in the upper right hand corner of the screen. then back to the spinning circle. then the cursor flashes in the corner again. and it keeps doing just that. I keep reading other people with this card having similar issues but the only answer i ever see is that the card should work OTB. it did work when i used ML. but since i did a clean install of El Capitan i am unable to reslove this issue. does anyone have a solution or any advice for me?

El Capitan dropped support for some cards. The GT 740 DDR5 version is one of them. You need to install the Nvidia Web Drivers.

El Capitan dropped support for some cards. The GT 740 DDR5 version is one of them. You need to install the Nvidia Web Drivers.
Thanks for your reply. However, I believe my card to be ddr3. Would the web driver still be needed? I included an image of exactly which card I'm using.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    331.7 KB · Views: 161
Thanks for your reply. However, I believe my card to be ddr3. Would the web driver still be needed? I included an image of exactly which card I'm using.

Install the web drivers. The card still may need them even though it is a DDR3 version.

Back