i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
It's a real mac. I know... shoot me!
No one needs to shoot anyone. Suggest that the MacRumours Forum is better suited to your hardware and requirements:

Good luck , I am sure that you can figure it out or get an answer fro the wider Mac community.

No one needs to shoot anyone. Suggest that the MacRumours Forum is better suited to your hardware and requirements:

Good luck , I am sure that you can figure it out or get an answer fro the wider Mac community.

thanks for the kind words.. problem solved (answer: did you plug it in?? --- turn off SIP before installing the drivers... everything is working great now!).

Motherboard
HP Z600 C2
CPU
Dual X5675
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
So i just successfully installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Z600 using this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-hp-z600-high-sierra-installation-guide.248026/

Everything seems to have gone great with the installation, except I am having trouble getting the Nvidia Web drivers working with my 1060. I install them fine, but when i restart the computer to enable them, it switches back to native macOS graphics drivers every time. I would think the solution would be number 6 on this post, but tried it to no avail. The z600 uses a legacy bios. I have attached my plist.config. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: Please disregard i figured it out. Just needed to delete nv disable=1 and add <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/> to my config.plist.

Attachments

Last edited:
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi.
I installed today hackintosh 10.13.6 on Z370 HD3 with i5 8400 and GTX 1080 and everything is working except the video driver.
I installed the latest driver on my hackintosh but it refuses to work.
Can you please help me figure out what the problem is?

Attachments

Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti, 6 GB, DVI, HDMI, 3 DP (2816 CUDA Cores)
hey im new here i think this site helped me solve the same problem im having now a year ago but ive been trouble shooting for days and could really use some help.

im on macOS sierra 10.12.6 trying to get my NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti to work again for octane in cinema 4d.

Motherboard
Z390 Gaming Sli
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
hey im new here i think this site helped me solve the same problem im having now a year ago but ive been trouble shooting for days and could really use some help.

im on macOS sierra 10.12.6 trying to get my NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti to work again for octane in cinema 4d.
I used to have that GPU, in Sierra and it worked well for me using NVIDIA Drivers and, every time there was a OSX update, NVidia Drivers updated automatically and my computer worked normally, however, I only used final cut and photo shop and, for what I do, they seemed to work well.

I don't know if this helps you, there is a very specific driver at NVIDIAs website for a very specific OSX version, are U using such specific driver?

Cheers!

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 Rev 1.0
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 960 Overclocked 2GB / Intel® HD Graphics 530
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey everyone. I am doing a fresh High Sierra install, on 10.13.6 (17G8037). I have successfully installed the Nvidia driver 387.10.10.10.40.131 and it's the latest update available. Also, the web driver is stays selected at boot.

And yet...it's not actually using the graphics card. By all accounts it looks like it's working, but it isn't actually.

I am attaching screenshots of the Nvidia sys pref settings, along with my config.plist file.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having. Thank you!

Attachments