Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You sure that works for Sierra? That's for High Sierra
It's just an explanation of the cause of your troubles, what you do with the information is up to you.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.8.0
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You sure that works for Sierra? That's for High Sierra

No.

Try it and see? Someone has to, for the benefit of all.

I've seen some reports that re-applying the Sierra version web-driver has cured the problem. However to verify this someone needs to try it and report back. It may be a blind-alley or it may be that Nvidia have re-signed the Sierra version driver too. If you decide to give it a go, re-download the driver from Nvidia themselves, not from our repository as that one hasn't been changed.

:)

Motherboard
ASUS H170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Skylake I7
Graphics
Nvidia 1080
So I reinstalled Sierra, but still getting the display 3mb graphics in the about tab. I do, however, notice that my Nvidia card is detected as "display" under "graphics/display", and my onboard intel seems to be detected 100% fine(?) ((it has a name "intel HD graphics 530"))

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Z370
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Classic
  3. Power Mac
So I reinstalled Sierra, but still getting the display 3mb graphics in the about tab. I do, however, notice that my Nvidia card is detected as "display" under "graphics/display", and my onboard intel seems to be detected 100% fine(?) ((it has a name "intel HD graphics 530"))
Have you installed the correct driver for your Sierra build? Look here:

Edhawk

Motherboard
MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS H170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Skylake I7
Graphics
Nvidia 1080
I did check into that, and the driver *does* have expired certificates, however, it installs 100% fine. Again, uncertain if that's the issue or not. It sets the graphics driver to the Nvidia Web driver

Edhawk

Motherboard
MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I missed the fact you are using Sierra not High Sierra.

However, I think you will have to upgrade your system to High Sierra for the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. As I doubt Nvidia will bother issuing drivers for Sierra with new/valid certificates.

Is there a reason you are sticking with macOS Sierra?

Motherboard
ASUS H170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Skylake I7
Graphics
Nvidia 1080
It was the one i had on hand from the tutorials i watched a few years back. So it was easier for me to just use what i got then hunting down high sierra. Besides, all i need it for atm is for testing a program (game) that i'm apart of a team for atm.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Motherboard
MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That being the case.
  • Download and update to the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6 available from Apple.
  • Then install all the supplemental and security updates for High Sierra that are made available when you have the OS installed, and
  • Only then will the latest Nvidia Web Drivers work for you.
Link to Apple Support page containing links to download older versions of macOS, including High Sierra.

Motherboard
ASUS H170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Skylake I7
Graphics
Nvidia 1080
so finally got it running with the graphics under sierra.
Did run updates once to get to 10.12.6, rewatched the old tutorial, reinstalled the webdriver for that 10.12.6 build, set the SMBIOS during boot under clover to 14,2, and viola, it gave me the nvidia graphics. Only thing now is figuring out how to force sierra to use that specific configuration
Tho atm, it crashs at random. I'm uncertain as to why it is, still have to debug that.

Last edited: