Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

So I reinstalled Sierra, but still getting the display 3mb graphics in the about tab. I do, however, notice that my Nvidia card is detected as "display" under "graphics/display", and my onboard intel seems to be detected 100% fine(?) ((it has a name "intel HD graphics 530"))
Have you installed the correct driver for your Sierra build? Look here:

I did check into that, and the driver *does* have expired certificates, however, it installs 100% fine. Again, uncertain if that's the issue or not. It sets the graphics driver to the Nvidia Web driver

Ok, I missed the fact you are using Sierra not High Sierra.

However, I think you will have to upgrade your system to High Sierra for the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. As I doubt Nvidia will bother issuing drivers for Sierra with new/valid certificates.

Is there a reason you are sticking with macOS Sierra?

It was the one i had on hand from the tutorials i watched a few years back. So it was easier for me to just use what i got then hunting down high sierra. Besides, all i need it for atm is for testing a program (game) that i'm apart of a team for atm.

Last edited:
That being the case.
  • Download and update to the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6 available from Apple.
  • Then install all the supplemental and security updates for High Sierra that are made available when you have the OS installed, and
  • Only then will the latest Nvidia Web Drivers work for you.
Link to Apple Support page containing links to download older versions of macOS, including High Sierra.

so finally got it running with the graphics under sierra.
Did run updates once to get to 10.12.6, rewatched the old tutorial, reinstalled the webdriver for that 10.12.6 build, set the SMBIOS during boot under clover to 14,2, and viola, it gave me the nvidia graphics. Only thing now is figuring out how to force sierra to use that specific configuration
Tho atm, it crashs at random. I'm uncertain as to why it is, still have to debug that.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I've installed High Sierra 10.3.6 on this pc:

Z270 Mark1
RTX3070Ti

The audio and network works but the resolution is stuck on 1280x1024. I installed the driver with this command because I didn't find the Nvidia driver on the download page for my build: 17G66

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

nVidia web driver start but I can't change the resolution. I attach my config.plist

I know that nVidia stopped supporting driver above High Sierra indeed I've done a fresh new Install because I was using Catalina

Edit:
This is what I see under System information\Graphics display

Chipset Model: Unknown
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 5 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max):
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x2482
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 94.04.5A.00.90
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (SXGA - Super eXtended Graphics Array)
UI Looks like: 1280 x 1024
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back