Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

That's what I would try on a spare drive. There is something that is saying the old driver is still loaded and without sitting down at your computer it is hard for me to figure out what it might be.

Success!

At the suggestion of a few friends more tech-savvy than myself (two of them successful Hackintosh builders), I skipped the full clean install on a spare drive. Instead I...

• Booted into System Recovery mode and reinstalled 10.11.6 over my existing 10.11.6 Install. Upon boot, I was met with the same Nvidia message saying the drivers were not compatible. Disheartened at first, I noticed there was an update waiting in the app store. A Security Update. It seemed a little fast after the last one, so I double-checked my 10.11.6 build before blindly installing it. The System Recovery OS Reinstall replaced my previous 10.11.6 15G1421 build with 10.11.6 15G1010 !
• Uninstalled the 346.03.15f07 drivers. Reboot.
• Performed update(s). There was only one Security Update to install--I had expected several--in order to bring my build back to 15G1421. Reboot.
• Reinstalled the drivers. Reboot.

From there everything was dandy. I shut down and installed the 980 Ti into my Mac Pro, booted up (no boot screen, since it's a PC card) and before long found myself at my login screen. I still don't know what precisely was causing my problem, but reinstalling the OS took care of it. The DVI-I to VGA cable is working fine, and it seems to be getting all the power it needs from a pair of mini 6 pin to 8 pin aux power cables. I'm all golden here.

Thank you Slim.Jim for your help. Your work here is most appreciated.

Is it possible that the kext is in the 10.12 or Other folder in your Clover install and you are injecting it?

You mean on efi partition? No. Because I also try to boot from usb flash drive and secondary os boots well.

I downloaded web drivers for Sierra 12.4 set Bios to PEG (pcie slot1) but the Cuda driver app says there is no GPU. Do I need any boot arguments? Clover is set to web drivers and I've tried with inject Nvidia and without. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have seen graphics with 5mb, 7mb, etc.. but this is running on 0mb and I'm posting using the 970 in PEG mode. WhatUP with this? I have 0mb graphics

GTX 970 MSI 4gb. i5 6500 Skylake
Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 2.13.36 PM.png

First post in this community but a long time follower. Been running el cappy for a while and decided to update my computer with a fresh Sierra install.
I've stumbled across the problem with black screen after boot when I have the Nvidia drivers enabled.
It feels like I've tried all possible solutions I could find on this community without any success. Some advice would really be appreciated.

Stuff I've tried:
1. Add the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
2. AGDPfix
3. Change system def and board ID.
4. Update clover to latest build
5. Install Emu driver

Software:
MacOS 10.12.4
WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01
Colver r4049
SMBIOS iMac14,2 (current, have tried others also)

Hardware:
Display:
Dell U3415W (Ultra widescreen 3440x1440, connected with DP)

Computer:
GIGABYTE GA-Z170-GAMING K3
MSI Geforce GTX 980
Intel i5-6500 Skylake

Attaching clover config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 204
First post in this community but a long time follower. Been running el cappy for a while and decided to update my computer with a fresh Sierra install.
I've stumbled across the problem with black screen after boot when I have the Nvidia drivers enabled.
It feels like I've tried all possible solutions I could find on this community without any success. Some advice would really be appreciated.

Stuff I've tried:
1. Add the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
2. AGDPfix
3. Change system def and board ID.
4. Update clover to latest build
5. Install Emu driver

Software:
MacOS 10.12.4
WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01
Colver r4049
SMBIOS iMac14,2 (current, have tried others also)

Hardware:
Display:
Dell U3415W (Ultra widescreen 3440x1440, connected with DP)

Computer:
GIGABYTE GA-Z170-GAMING K3
MSI Geforce GTX 980
Intel i5-6500 Skylake

Attaching clover config.

I know it might not work with your resolution but try switching the monitor to DP1.1.

I know it might not work with your resolution but try switching the monitor to DP1.1.

Seems like there is something with the support for DP connection. I couldn't find a way to switch to DP1.1 but i tried to switch to HDMI cable instead and for the first time sierra works with the nvidia driver!

Since i only have 1 HDMI port on my gfx and i need that for my HTC Vive, it is not an option to run the monitor on HDMI.

Any suggestion on how to fix DP support?

Seems like there is something with the support for DP connection. I couldn't find a way to switch to DP1.1 but i tried to switch to HDMI cable instead and for the first time sierra works with the nvidia driver!

Since i only have 1 HDMI port on my gfx and i need that for my HTC Vive, it is not an option to run the monitor on HDMI.

Any suggestion on how to fix DP support?

There should be an option using the buttons on the monitor to toggle between DP1.1 and 1.2.

hello
Can you please help me.
I have Mac Pro late 2012. I installed gtx 960 (Zotac) and have a special software that works only in 10.12 Mac OS. I decided to update. So I updated OS and Nvidia web driver but system can`t boot, monitors are black. I loaded from HD (via usb) in MacBook Pro installed latest driver version, checked to use only Nvidia web driver but it doesn't`t help.
Please help what to check or what to do ((

hello
Can you please help me.
I have Mac Pro late 2012. I installed gtx 960 (Zotac) and have a special software that works only in 10.12 Mac OS. I decided to update. So I updated OS and Nvidia web driver but system can`t boot, monitors are black. I loaded from HD (via usb) in MacBook Pro installed latest driver version, checked to use only Nvidia web driver but it doesn't`t help.
Please help what to check or what to do ((
Since this forum deals mainly with hackintoshs, I recommend your look at the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section or the netkas.org forum >
https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/mac-pro.1/
http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?board=6.0

Back