Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

So would you agree my next best option would be to try to wipe my OS drive and try for a clean install? Maybe just do so on a spare drive to see if it would work first? Clear out any oddities that might be preventing it from working as it should that way?

So would you agree my next best option would be to try to wipe my OS drive and try for a clean install? Maybe just do so on a spare drive to see if it would work first? Clear out any oddities that might be preventing it from working as it should that way?

That's what I would try on a spare drive. There is something that is saying the old driver is still loaded and without sitting down at your computer it is hard for me to figure out what it might be.

Installing Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext caused kernel panic on boot. Simply deleting these files didn't help. How to delete them properly and repair OS?
I can boot from another os from another drive and get acces to files. thx

This is with kext installed:

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Installing Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext caused kernel panic on boot. Simply deleting these files didn't help. How to delete them properly and repair OS?
I can boot from another os from another drive and get acces to files. thx

Can you boot without cache?

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
This is with Boot without cache ticked. (but i doubt it was really on)

The panic appears to be cause by the AppleIntelInfo kext.

Could you help me with this?
Thanks

I'm assuming you installed that kext into your S/L/E folder or L/E folder. You need to delete it.

From the readme for that kext:
Warning: Do not copy the kext to: /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions and do not inject it with help of the boot loader!

I'm assuming you installed that kext into your S/L/E folder or L/E folder. You need to delete it.

From the readme for that kext:

Thank you. It was accidentally on desktop. I deleted it from L/E (it was not in s/l/e)and still kernel refers to Appleinfokext

Thank you. It was accidentally on desktop. I deleted it from L/E (it was not in s/l/e)and still kernel refers to Appleinfokext

Rebuild cache in Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Restart

Back