Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The version of macOS installed on this mac is newer than the version you are trying to inst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe.
CPU
Intel Core i9-7900X
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I am try to install High Sierra, as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-build-your-own-imac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/.

I have have successfully booted from the install usb drive and have booted into "Install macOS High Sierra". I had to add a boot flag (-no_compat_check) to the clover bootloader in order for the usb stick to boot properly. Also, at first I couldn't see the SSD drive in disk utility, but I fixed that by asking disk utility to show all drives.

Onto the current problem. I am having major issues trying to install High Sierra to a NVMe SSD. When I run "Install macOS High "Sierra" I get the following error:

"The version of macOS installed on this mac is newer than the version you are trying to install. When a new update is available, you can install it from the Updates plane in the Mac App Store. If you want to reinstall macOS, please use macOS recovery."

Also, It doesn't matter if the startup volume is formatted as APFS or HFS+.

If I format the drive using GPARTED on linux, the installer just says the startup volume doesn't have journaling enable. If I then run disk utility and enable journaling on the startup volume, then go back to the installer, I get the aforementioned error msg.

I have the following specs:

Intel Core i9-7900X.
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe.
ADATA 512GB NVMe SSD.
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti

How do I fix this issue?

Last edited:
Hi

I am try to install High Sierra, as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-build-your-own-imac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/.

I have have successfully booted from the install usb drive and have booted into "Install macOS High Sierra". I had to add a boot flag (-no_compat_check) to the clover bootloader in order for the usb stick to boot properly. Also, at first I couldn't see the SSD drive in disk utility, but I fixed that by asking disk utility to show all drives.

Onto the current problem. I am having major issues trying to install High Sierra to a NVMe SSD. When I run "Install macOS High "Sierra" I get the following error:

"The version of macOS installed on this mac is newer than the version you are trying to install. When a new update is available, you can install it from the Updates plane in the Mac App Store. If you want to reinstall macOS, please use macOS recovery."

Also, It doesn't matter if the startup volume is formatted as APFS or HFS+.

If I format the drive using GPARTED on linux, the installer just says the startup volume doesn't have journaling enable. If I then run disk utility and enable journaling on the startup volume, then go back to the installer, I get the aforementioned error msg.

I have the following specs:

i9-7900.
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe.
ADATA 512GB NVMe SSD.

How do I fix this issue?
  • Please recheck the SPECS you have posted for any inaccuracies and correct them to get help.
  • If you don't add your correct SPECS to your Build Signature , readers will have to constantly come back to this thread #1 to find them to answer questions.
  • Your Personal Details fields are empty and the Forum rules insist we all follow them.

• Please recheck the SPECS you have posted for any inaccuracies and correct them to get help.
  • If you don't add your correct SPECS to your Build Signature , readers will have to constantly come back to this thread #1 to find them to answer questions.
  • Your Personal Details fields are empty and the Forum rules insist we all follow them.

I have checked the specs I have posted. I have added as much details as possible to my build signature. But the build signature is not very helpful as you don't have X299 in your chipset dropdown or i9 in your CPU dropdown.

I have checked the specs I have posted. I have added as much details as possible to my build signature. But the build signature is not very helpful as you don't have X299 in your chipset dropdown or i9 in your CPU dropdown.
I could not find an Intel i9-7900 to find details I can only find i9-7900x. Am I missing something your Intel Box is showing?
You may check this GUIDE for a successful build with Intel i9 series https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back