[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays rub it in ya face lesson is ....

Never trust 2nd hand shite from Ebay !!

Nvidia says their 8800 GT = 10DE 0611 / 10DE 053C
PNY says that their 8800GT = 10DE 0611 / 10DE 053C

My so called 8800GT from Ebay = 10DE 0600 / 10DE 0502 = Sparkle 8800GTS

I am guessing some windows using plonker has successfully flashed it for the higher speed of the Sparkle 8800GTS but now i can't backlash it because Nvidia's flash tool says they are different GPU's .... Guessing this card is out the window then for hackintosh use ..... Grrrrr !!

Martin

You might get away with Flashing the card in a DOS based bootable OS but thats if you can find the original VBIOS for the card.

You might get away with Flashing the card is a DOS based bootable OS but thats if you can find the original VBIOS for the card.

That's how i just discovered i got scammed - went to flash with PNY Windows/Dos VideoBIOS and it wouldn't do it with there being a firmware mismatch, so I compared the cards VB with the Downloaded one and then checked for the ID my so called 8800GT produced and it matches to the Sparkle GTS card. So it's either a brute forced flash, which i can't do, or it's a bastardised frankenstein of a card where someone has attached all the right livery for a PNY card.

When I looked at the original firmware before adding it to Clover I thought it was strange to see IBM PC Compatible on the first line of code - lol

Martin

Todays rub it in ya face lesson is ....

Never trust 2nd hand shite from Ebay !!

Nvidia says their 8800 GT = 10DE 0611 / 10DE 053C
PNY says that their 8800GT = 10DE 0611 / 10DE 053C

My so called 8800GT from Ebay = 10DE 0600 / 10DE 0502 = Sparkle 8800GTS

I am guessing some windows using plonker has successfully flashed it for the higher speed of the Sparkle 8800GTS but now i can't backlash it because Nvidia's flash tool says they are different GPU's .... Guessing this card is out the window then for hackintosh use ..... Grrrrr !!

Martin
That's too bad!
It is also the main reason I never buy electronic parts used. I always wind up throwing them out because they are worthless and cannot be returned. Might as well have burned the $$$.

That's how i just discovered i got scammed - went to flash with PNY Windows/Dos VideoBIOS and it wouldn't do it with there being a firmware mismatch, so I compared the cards VB with the Downloaded one and then checked for the ID my so called 8800GT produced and it matches to the Sparkle GTS card. So it's either a brute forced flash, which i can't do, or it's a bastardised frankenstein of a card where someone has attached all the right livery for a PNY card.

When I looked at the original firmware before adding it to Clover I thought it was strange to see IBM PC Compatible on the first line of code - lol

Martin

Strange. Could be a cheap chinese card there are a lot of them floating around on eBay. There are GTX 560s which are Fake a friend bought one and kept having Black screen issues in OS X.

I am just trying to keep the expense down for experimenting with this board. I have found zero success stories for hackintosh builds so i am gambling that if Apple release a new MacPro then it will E5-2600 v4 based, so i am hoping I have it right, otherwise it will become a Windows workstation and be sold off - lol :)

Martin

Snow leopard is on board :)

Martin

It's been that long since i played with 10.6.3 i am struggling to remember what to do - lol

Martin

It's been that long since i played with 10.6.3 i am struggling to remember what to do - lol

Martin
You go to Apple site, click on support, type 10.6.8 update (combo) in the search box and hit enter. Hopefully you get a hit the first go at it.

Got to get it hooked up to the net first and booting by itself but that shouldn't take too long, just busy playing at house wife duties at the mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back