Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come did you decide to go with Mac Pro 5,1 instead of iMac 14,2 may I ask?
This is getting a bit off-topic now but I originally ran it as an iMac14,2 but changed to MacPro5,1 when I upgraded the processor from an i3 4330 to a Xeon E3-1245 V3. I've had no problem with either definition.

Just for info, I am running Sierra on my ThinkServer as a MacPro5,1.
According to keynote:
Keynote.jpg

And it is odd because when I tried to upgrade ElCap to Sierra PB with the 5,1 SysDef I got the circle-slash prohibited sign, but changing it to 6,1 the installer went right on and installed.
Did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

According to keynote:
View attachment 209833

And it is odd because when I tried to upgrade ElCap to Sierra PB with the 5,1 SysDef I got the circle-slash prohibited sign, but changing it to 6,1 the installer went right on and installed.
Did you do a clean install or an upgrade?
Mac Pro 5,1 came out for sale in July 2010. As the Keynote slide shows any MP from 2010 on can run Sierra. So there must have been some other reason you got the prohibited sign.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=MacPro5,1

Well I suppose I could try a mac 6,1 since it is a 2011 socket .... lots of good info coming here, thanks guys
I tried the broadwell iMac smbios with no success earlier

Martin

Mac Pro 6,1 makes no difference either :/

Martin

Todays rub it in ya face lesson is ....

Never trust 2nd hand shite from Ebay !!

Nvidia says their 8800 GT = 10DE 0611 / 10DE 053C
PNY says that their 8800GT = 10DE 0611 / 10DE 053C

My so called 8800GT from Ebay = 10DE 0600 / 10DE 0502 = Sparkle 8800GTS

I am guessing some windows using plonker has successfully flashed it for the higher speed of the Sparkle 8800GTS but now i can't backlash it because Nvidia's flash tool says they are different GPU's .... Guessing this card is out the window then for hackintosh use ..... Grrrrr !!

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back