Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HotPatching is a Git repository made available by RehabMan, a Clover config.plist to be used in conjunction with AML [edit: DSL and build scripts] also available therein. It is with laptops in mind.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

Ah ok - Does that mean this hot patching is not really suitable for full EEB sized server boards ?

@VoiletDragon I looked at your boards and see that they are pretty much mini ATX which i guess makes them like laptops but with mains rather than battery for power. Do you know of anyone trying this technique with workstation type specifications ?

Martin

Yes. I'm currently working on Clover Hotpatch on my H61N-USB3. I'm also using Hotpatch on my DH67BL and on my Probook 4530s.
Great. I have no reason to use it myself but it is one way of doing things.

Ah ok - Does that mean this hot patching is not really suitable for full EEB sized server boards ?

Not at all. The method here is renaming or disabling devices in your OEM DSDT and (re)defining them in modular SSDTs. As long as OSPM (Mac ACPI driver) makes sense of it and it works...

@VoiletDragon I looked at your boards and see that they are pretty much mini ATX which i guess makes them like laptops but with mains rather than battery for power. Do you know of anyone trying this technique with workstation type specifications ?

Martin

My DH67BL desktop is mATX and the H61N-USB3 is Mini ITX. I'm also going to move my Z77-DS3H which is a ATX board to Hotpatch eventually. But I need to get the hang of it first lol. You can use Hotpatch on any supported hardware it's quite simple compared to DSDT. I'd recommend looking at what patches you're motherboard requires. My H61N-USB3 requires.
Patches:
- USBE -> EHC1 (would be better to rename to EH01)
- USE2 -> EHC2 (would be better to rename to EH02)
- AZAL -> HDEF
- PRWB using _CID instead of _HID (probably not needed)
- SystemMemory address changed from 0xDAF40800 to 0xFFFF0000 (not needed, completely wrong anyway)
- PX40 -> LPCB
- "IRQ Fix"/"HPET Fix" (see BRIX repo for config.plist/ACPI/Fixes)
- Removed _S3D method (probably not needed)
- _PLD patch (not needed)
- Removing _PRW (use XPRW method)
- IDE1 -> SATA
- Removing IDE1/PRIM/etc (probably not necessary)
- SBUS added (see BRIX repo, or SSDT-SBUS, several methods)
- injecting layout-id on HDEF (several methods)

Note. Different boards and laptops requires different patches.

I'm still learning about Clover Hotpatch at this time.

Not at all. The method here is renaming or disabling devices in your OEM DSDT and (re)defining them in modular SSDTs. As long as OSPM (Mac ACPI driver) makes sense of it and it works...
Don't want to come across as dense here, do you mean 'Not at all' as in not suitable or did you mean it as there is no reason why it shouldn't work ?

Martin

Don't want to come across as dense here, do you mean 'Not at all' as in not suitable or did you mean it as there is no reason why it shouldn't work ?

Martin
The latter. It will work but you will need patches specific to your system.

The latter. It will work but you will need patches specific to your system.

Patching a DSDT is the same. Can't use them on other hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back