Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] The Dreaded Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.6.8 Is installed, thought i had lost the frankenstein 8800GTS there for a moment, but decided to try the slot 5 trick as is needed by the Z10's older sibling, low and behold, there it is again .... These boards are closer related than the BIOS lets on, still looking for an i120AT network driver if anyone knows where one is hiding.

Martin

Well I am at that time where I need to edit the DSDT for this bad boy. I notice there are a couple of ways that we can harvest the tables from a motherboard. Linux or Clover F4. Other than Clover having a speed and ease advantage is their actually a more reliable result over the other, if so who comes out tops ?

Well I am at that time where I need to edit the DSDT for this bad boy. I notice there are a couple of ways that we can harvest the tables from a motherboard. Linux or Clover F4. Other than Clover having a speed and ease advantage is their actually a more reliable result over the other, if so who comes out tops ?

Better to use Clover to extract native ACPI Files. Press F4 at Clover native files go in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Better to use Clover to extract native ACPI Files. Press F4 at Clover native files go in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

I was just checking, I have used both methods in the best, but not knowing if one had the advantage over the other. I prefer the F4 Clover method purely on being a fat lazy git :)

Martin

I was just checking, I have used both methods in the best, but not knowing if one had the advantage over the other. I prefer the F4 Clover method purely on being a fat lazy git :)

Martin

RehabMan recommends using Clover to extract native ACPI Files. If i patch a DSDT i rather use Clover. But I'm moving away from DSDTs I'm learning to use Clover Hotpatch. Im currently working on one of my desktops at this moment.

RehabMan recommends using Clover to extract native ACPI Files. If i patch a DSDT i rather use Clover. But I'm moving away from DSDTs I'm learning to use Clover Hotpatch. Im currently working on one of my desktops at this moment.

I saw a little bit of that thread and kinda just went gulp with it all. I understand the theory part, but putting it into practice is a little daunting to me, the safety/reliability aspect of the technique does not go un-noticed here, much easier to drop something that aint right than to try and correct a cock-up in DSDT

Martin

I saw a little bit of that thread and kinda just went gulp with it all. I understand the theory part, but putting it into practice is a little daunting to me, the safety/reliability aspect of the technique does not go un-noticed here, much easier to drop something that aint right than to try and correct a cock-up in DSDT

Martin

Its complicated at first but if you get to understand it it seems easier.

So would this method of hot plugging fixes directly into the DSDT replace the need for SSDT or are they a totally different species ?

Martin

So would this method of hot plugging fixes directly into the DSDT replace the need for SSDT or are they a totally different species ?

Martin

No. You'll still need a SSDT for Powermanagement. Maybe a few SSDTs but will not require a DSDT when using Clover Hotpatch.

Martin

The HotPatching is a Git repository made available by RehabMan, a Clover config.plist to be used in conjunction with AML [edit: DSL and build scripts] also available therein. It is with laptops in mind.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back