Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M5
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Hello, I recently had to reinstall macOS due to a mistake I made installing Windows on a different drive (I've always been dual booting). I got everything to work again, except the GPU. macOS sees that there's an Nvidia PCIe device connected, but it can't say what it really is, and even more so can't use it. This exact setup did work before, though, and I haven't changed my config since then. nv_drv=1 is in place, and nv_disable=1 is not. I'm not "Injecting NVIDIA", but the new Nvidia Web variable is set to YES. The latest version of Nvidia Web Driver is installed. Still, the Graphics section in This Mac only says: "Display 5 MB".
I've spent two days trying to fix this, but I still have no idea what to do. I beg for help! You can take a look at my config.plist, attached below.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 282
Hello, I recently had to reinstall macOS due to a mistake I made installing Windows on a different drive (I've always been dual booting). I got everything to work again, except the GPU. macOS sees that there's an Nvidia PCIe device connected, but it can't say what it really is, and even more so can't use it. This exact setup did work before, though, and I haven't changed my config since then. nv_drv=1 is in place, and nv_disable=1 is not. I'm not "Injecting NVIDIA", but the new Nvidia Web variable is set to YES. The latest version of Nvidia Web Driver is installed. Still, the Graphics section in This Mac only says: "Display 5 MB".
I've spent two days trying to fix this, but I still have no idea what to do. I beg for help! You can take a look at my config.plist, attached below.

Sounds like you're not doing it right. Check the below...

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

From looking at your config it is very messy recommend to tidy it up.

Sounds like you're not doing it right. Check the below...

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

5. Save and reboot

That's exactly how it always was. I even repeated those steps now but to no avail.

From looking at your config it is very messy recommend to tidy it up.

Messy? What do you mean? It contains quite a few kext patches, 13 of them, but 7 are for my WiFi card (an Asus PCE-AC56), 1 is for my Bluetooth dongle (an Asus USB-BT400), 1 is for USB ports and the rest were automatically inserted by toleda's cloverALC script.

That's exactly how it always was. I even repeated those steps now but to no avail.

Look again...

1. Mount EFI Partition
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

5. Save and reboot

A) You still have nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist.
B) You have NvidiaWeb set to YES, not true.

Maybe that's not the problem and maybe it is but it doesn't match the stated instructions.

Look again...

1. Mount EFI Partition
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

5. Save and reboot

Maybe that's not the problem and maybe it is but it doesn't match the stated instructions.

Look again...

1. Mount EFI Partition
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

5. Save and reboot

I removed nvda_drv=1 per your request, and NvidiaWeb was <true/> already, Xcode's plist editor just displays that as "YES".
But that didn't help. I still can't use my GPU. :(

I removed nvda_drv=1 per your request, and NvidiaWeb was <true/> already, Xcode's plist editor just displays that as "YES".
But that didn't help. I still can't use my GPU. :(
The config.plist that you attached to Post #1 shows ig-platform-id 0x19120000 which is for integrated HD 530 graphics and should be removed.

The config.plist that you attached to Post #1 shows ig-platform-id 0x19120000 which is for integrated HD 530 graphics and should be removed.

I know, I removed it right after uploading the config.

BUT I ALSO FIXED THE PROBLEM! It seems like there was something wrong with NVRAM and macOS couldn't load the NvidiaWeb variable. Simply loading the EmuVariableUefi driver made the whole problem go away. I still don't know what caused this madness, as just a week ago my Hack worked great without that driver, but at least I can use it normally again.

Last edited:
I know, I removed it right after uploading the config.

BUT I ALSO FIXED THE PROBLEM! It seems like there was something wrong with NVRAM and macOS couldn't load the NvidiaWeb variable. Simply loading the EmuVariableUefi driver made the whole problem go away. I still don't know what caused this madness, as just a week ago my Hack worked great without that driver, but at least I can use it normally again.

Hi @Twixes how did it? I mean, how do you force to loading EmuVariableUefi driver in the proper way?
(I installed it using clover installer as suggest to solve problem 6 on following post. but it's still not work for me)

If installing EmuVariableUefi didn't help, then you probably just have a different kind of issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back