Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only mention of a Serialized patch in the hotpatch guide is in the EC Query patch to fix brightness keys. The only mention of an "instant wake" related fix in the GitHub hotpatch is SSDT-PRW.dsl and SSDT-LANC-PRW.dsl and since I have no LANC._PRW method in my DSDT, I have to use SSDT-PRW. However, SSDT-PRW is for NotSerialized patches only.
Can you please be more specific as to what I should be looking for?

Also, is there an alternative method to fixing the instant wake problem? For example, here's what I thought of doing:
  • Manually rename method GPRW -> XPRW (using maciASL) in DSDT.dsl
  • Add code: External (GPRW, MethodObj) to DSDT.dsl
  • Find and replace NotSerialized -> Serialized in SSDT-PRW.dsl
  • Use above modified DSDT and SSDT-PRW without Clover hotpatch

Would this work?

Serialized vs. NotSerialized is covered in the guide.

Hint: It changes the latest byte of the patch. 02 is for a NotSerialized method with two parameters, where a Serialized method with two parameters would be 0a. Why? Becuase 0x02 + 0x08 is 0x0a.

Serialized vs. NotSerialized is covered in the guide.

Hint: It changes the latest byte of the patch. 02 is for a NotSerialized method with two parameters, where a Serialized method with two parameters would be 0a. Why? Becuase 0x02 + 0x08 is 0x0a.
Okay, I think I finally found the Serialized vs. NotSerialized you were talking about. I applied the patches accordingly but instant wake still hasn't been fixed. It resumes from sleep and returns to the userspace (without crashing).

Files attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 95
Okay, I think I finally found the Serialized vs. NotSerialized you were talking about. I applied the patches accordingly but instant wake still hasn't been fixed. It resumes from sleep and returns to the userspace (without crashing).

Files attached.

The patch you have for GPRW is wrong.

If you search for the Find pattern in ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml with a hex editor, you will not find it.

Your GPRW method definition + two trailing bytes is: 47 50 52 57 0A 70 68

Your GPRW method definition + two trailing bytes is: 47 50 52 57 0A 70 68
Modified config.plist accordingly. Problem still persists. System instantly resumes from sleep and returns to userspace. Could it be because of some other USB related issue? (assuming GPRW is patched correctly)

Files attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 73
Modified config.plist accordingly. Problem still persists. System instantly resumes from sleep and returns to userspace. Could it be because of some other USB related issue? (assuming GPRW is patched correctly)

Files attached.

We should check that GPRW is being patched correctly...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

You are not using the SSDT-PRW from my hotpatch guide. The patch for GPRW is working though...

You are not using the SSDT-PRW from my hotpatch guide. The patch for GPRW is working though...
Okay, I used the SSDT from your hotpatch repo. Patchmatic extract still doesn't include the SSDT-PRW.

Note: SSDT-PRW.dsl doesn't mention Serialized or NotSerialized in the GPRW method. When I compile it, it automatically adds NotSerialized but my DSDT uses a Serialized GPRW method. Should I explicitly change that in SSDT-PRW.aml?

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    103.4 KB · Views: 77
Okay, I used the SSDT from your hotpatch repo. Patchmatic extract still doesn't include the SSDT-PRW.

Of course it does. Look at the content of the files.

Note: SSDT-PRW.dsl doesn't mention Serialized or NotSerialized in the GPRW method. When I compile it, it automatically adds NotSerialized but my DSDT uses a Serialized GPRW method. Should I explicitly change that in SSDT-PRW.aml?

It does not need to be Serialized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back