Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not possible to determine what you're actually doing when you don't provide files...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
Attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 98
Attached.

If this is an instant wake problem, be aware that you did not patch the _PRW at _SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD7._PRW. If your other _PRWs are using GPE 0x0d, then *ALL* _PRW methods that use GPE 0x0d must be patched.

Same goes for: _SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD7._PRW

I would tend to use Clover hotpatch to rename GPRW -> XPRW, then use SSDT-PRW.aml.
See hotpatch guide linked from main ACPI patching guide...

If this is an instant wake problem, be aware that you did not patch the _PRW at _SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD7._PRW. If your other _PRWs are using GPE 0x0d, then *ALL* _PRW methods that use GPE 0x0d must be patched.

Same goes for: _SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD7._PRW

I would tend to use Clover hotpatch to rename GPRW -> XPRW, then use SSDT-PRW.aml.
See hotpatch guide linked from main ACPI patching guide...

Here's what I've done right now:
  1. Replaced all GPRW(0x0D, 0x0#) with GPRW(0x0D, Zero)
  2. Added Clover hotpatch to rename GPRW -> XPRW.
  3. Added SSDT-PRW.aml to CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Instant wake still not fixed. When I put it to sleep, a few seconds later it just goes back to the userspace (system does not crash when put to sleep, it just resumes).

Files attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 77
Here's what I've done right now:
  1. Replaced all GPRW(0x0D, 0x0#) with GPRW(0x0D, Zero)
  2. Added Clover hotpatch to rename GPRW -> XPRW.
  3. Added SSDT-PRW.aml to CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Instant wake still not fixed. When I put it to sleep, a few seconds later it just goes back to the userspace (system does not crash when put to sleep, it just resumes).

Files attached.

You did not implement the hotpatch correctly.

The SSDT is not loading as it is not included in SortedOrder.
And GPRW is marked Serialized, so it requires a different patch than the one you're using (the one you're using is for NotSerialized).

I don't see anything related to Serialized patches here. I prefixed Method header values (14 45 08) to the HEX values in the hotpatch. Didn't seem to make a difference.

it requires a different patch than the one you're using
Are you referring to the hotpatch or the AML file? Even the AML file mentions NotSerialized instead of Serialized. I replaced all occurrences of "NotSerialized" in SSDT-PRW.dsl with "Serialized".

I don't see anything related to Serialized patches here. I prefixed Method header values (14 45 08) to the HEX values in the hotpatch. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Serialized vs. NotSerialized is discussed in the guide. Read it carefully.

Also, both patches are provided in the hotpatch/config.plist that is in the github repo.

Are you referring to the hotpatch or the AML file? Even the AML file mentions NotSerialized instead of Serialized. I replaced all occurrences of "NotSerialized" in SSDT-PRW.dsl with "Serialized".

Your DSDT uses Serialized for GPRW. You can look at it yourself.

Serialized vs. NotSerialized is discussed in the guide. Read it carefully.
Also, both patches are provided in the hotpatch/config.plist that is in the github repo.

The only mention of a Serialized patch in the hotpatch guide is in the EC Query patch to fix brightness keys. The only mention of an "instant wake" related fix in the GitHub hotpatch is SSDT-PRW.dsl and SSDT-LANC-PRW.dsl and since I have no LANC._PRW method in my DSDT, I have to use SSDT-PRW. However, SSDT-PRW is for NotSerialized patches only.
Can you please be more specific as to what I should be looking for?

Also, is there an alternative method to fixing the instant wake problem? For example, here's what I thought of doing:
  • Manually rename method GPRW -> XPRW (using maciASL) in DSDT.dsl
  • Add code: External (GPRW, MethodObj) to DSDT.dsl
  • Find and replace NotSerialized -> Serialized in SSDT-PRW.dsl
  • Use above modified DSDT and SSDT-PRW without Clover hotpatch

Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back