i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there !

I have a problem regarding my config on Sierra : when I turn off the computer, it starts again on his own 5 seconds after.

I had noticed this problem some time to time when I used to left some USB active devices on USB port, as a hardrive or usb key. As long as my usb 3 port where empty, the computer shuts down perfectly. I needed to install an internal Card reader on my computer, so I installed one, an Icy-box with USB 3.0 which works right but but since then, I now encounter my shutting and automatic reboot problem each time.

I've checked my BIOS settings and wake on LAN is disabled, I tried also "fix shutdown" in clover configurator but nothing seems to work. I used the 14,2 profile and you can find to photo of my boot screen and my config.plist here attached.

Thanks for your help !

Attachments

Hi there !

I have a problem regarding my config on Sierra : when I turn off the computer, it starts again on his own 5 seconds after.

I had noticed this problem some time to time when I used to left some USB active devices on USB port, as a hardrive or usb key. As long as my usb 3 port where empty, the computer shuts down perfectly. I needed to install an internal Card reader on my computer, so I installed one, an Icy-box with USB 3.0 which works right but but since then, I now encounter my shutting and automatic reboot problem each time.

I've checked my BIOS settings and wake on LAN is disabled, I tried also "fix shutdown" in clover configurator but nothing seems to work. I used the 14,2 profile and you can find to photo of my boot screen and my config.plist here attached.

Thanks for your help !

Hi I have exactly the same problem with a quite similar config:
Mobo:
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-WIFI
CPU:
Core i7-6700K 4,0ghz
Graphics:
GIGABYTE GTX 960
Anyone as a solution?

Thanks!

Motherboard
ASRock Z97 X4
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX950
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, SE
Try different ACPI settings, otherwise known as "G (S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5) and C States". First, see if it still does it with ACPI disabled. Do you allow your system to Sleep or Hibernate? Clover should also have its own set of P and C state settings you can play with.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface
Thanks I will work on it...!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
3.9GHz Core i5 - 4690K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
Mac
iMac
Try different ACPI settings, otherwise known as "G (S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5) and C States". First, see if it still does it with ACPI disabled. Do you allow your system to Sleep or Hibernate? Clover should also have its own set of P and C state settings you can play with.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface
This was a great help. Had similar issue with the system restarting automatically after shutdown.

Fixed it by changing ErP setting in Bios to Enabled.

Gigabyte GA-H87N wifi
NVIDIA GTX960 2GB @ 1920x1080
i5 4690K not overclocked (Yet)
Samsung EVO850 250GB SSD for boot drive

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there, just to inform you that I found an easy solution for me to fix the shutdown problem after a few months of trying : I tried to apply the "FixShutdown_0004" operation.

I used first Clover to edit the config.plist but it never worked. It happened after checking the config.plist that the key that Clover wrotes was wrong. I just had to edit it manually as this
<key>FixShutdown_0004<key/>
<true/>

and it worked instantly :)
Hope that can help

Motherboard
GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Hi there, just to inform you that I found an easy solution for me to fix the shutdown problem after a few months of trying : I tried to apply the "FixShutdown_0004" operation.

I used first Clover to edit the config.plist but it never worked. It happened after checking the config.plist that the key that Clover wrotes was wrong. I just had to edit it manually as this
<true/>

Hope that can help
i have the same problem with you and adding this fixshutdown_oo04 to resolve this issue perfectly

Motherboard
GA X99 SOC Champion
CPU
i7 6900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android

<true/>

Hope that can help
How to edit this??

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Like any modification on your Hackintosh : open the config.plist in your text editor and copy the exact line where you see other keys :)

Motherboard
GA X99 SOC Champion
CPU
i7 6900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
OoooK man! Thank You very much!