i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there !

I have a problem regarding my config on Sierra : when I turn off the computer, it starts again on his own 5 seconds after.

I had noticed this problem some time to time when I used to left some USB active devices on USB port, as a hardrive or usb key. As long as my usb 3 port where empty, the computer shuts down perfectly. I needed to install an internal Card reader on my computer, so I installed one, an Icy-box with USB 3.0 which works right but but since then, I now encounter my shutting and automatic reboot problem each time.

I've checked my BIOS settings and wake on LAN is disabled, I tried also "fix shutdown" in clover configurator but nothing seems to work. I used the 14,2 profile and you can find to photo of my boot screen and my config.plist here attached.

Thanks for your help !

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,189
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 383
Hi there !

I have a problem regarding my config on Sierra : when I turn off the computer, it starts again on his own 5 seconds after.

I had noticed this problem some time to time when I used to left some USB active devices on USB port, as a hardrive or usb key. As long as my usb 3 port where empty, the computer shuts down perfectly. I needed to install an internal Card reader on my computer, so I installed one, an Icy-box with USB 3.0 which works right but but since then, I now encounter my shutting and automatic reboot problem each time.

I've checked my BIOS settings and wake on LAN is disabled, I tried also "fix shutdown" in clover configurator but nothing seems to work. I used the 14,2 profile and you can find to photo of my boot screen and my config.plist here attached.

Thanks for your help !

Hi I have exactly the same problem with a quite similar config:
Mobo:
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-WIFI
CPU:
Core i7-6700K 4,0ghz
Graphics:
GIGABYTE GTX 960
Anyone as a solution?

Thanks!

Try different ACPI settings, otherwise known as "G (S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5) and C States". First, see if it still does it with ACPI disabled. Do you allow your system to Sleep or Hibernate? Clover should also have its own set of P and C state settings you can play with.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface
Thanks I will work on it...!

Try different ACPI settings, otherwise known as "G (S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5) and C States". First, see if it still does it with ACPI disabled. Do you allow your system to Sleep or Hibernate? Clover should also have its own set of P and C state settings you can play with.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface
This was a great help. Had similar issue with the system restarting automatically after shutdown.

Fixed it by changing ErP setting in Bios to Enabled.

Gigabyte GA-H87N wifi
NVIDIA GTX960 2GB @ 1920x1080
i5 4690K not overclocked (Yet)
Samsung EVO850 250GB SSD for boot drive

Hi there, just to inform you that I found an easy solution for me to fix the shutdown problem after a few months of trying : I tried to apply the "FixShutdown_0004" operation.

I used first Clover to edit the config.plist but it never worked. It happened after checking the config.plist that the key that Clover wrotes was wrong. I just had to edit it manually as this
<key>FixShutdown_0004<key/>
<true/>

and it worked instantly :)
Hope that can help

Hi there, just to inform you that I found an easy solution for me to fix the shutdown problem after a few months of trying : I tried to apply the "FixShutdown_0004" operation.

I used first Clover to edit the config.plist but it never worked. It happened after checking the config.plist that the key that Clover wrotes was wrong. I just had to edit it manually as this
<true/>

Hope that can help
i have the same problem with you and adding this fixshutdown_oo04 to resolve this issue perfectly

<true/>

Hope that can help

How to edit this??

Like any modification on your Hackintosh : open the config.plist in your text editor and copy the exact line where you see other keys :)

OoooK man! Thank You very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back