Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] NVIDIA GTX 960 Web Drivers Won't Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
[UNSOLVED] NVIDIA GTX 960 Web Drivers Won't Install

I am having trouble even booting from the Yosemite USB, but I will keep you guys posted

Whenever i try to boot to the USB in any circumstance all I receive is a flashing blank cursor

Maybe a corrupt installer ?

Boot with -v as a boot flag then take a clear legible pic of the screen when the text stops scrolling, and post it here so we might get an idea of what is going on.

[UNSOLVED] NVIDIA GTX 960 Web Drivers Won't Install

Correct, Maxwell GPUs only work with Yosemite.
Ok so I finally got everything to work correctly.
The USB's that was using must has just been dodgy.

I got a spare hard drive I had laying around and then install Unibeast onto that.

The easiest way to install Yosemite was to Enable Integrated Graphics, remove the Graphics card completely and leave only one stick of RAM in. From there I was able to boot into the system and install the NDIVIA Web Drivers. After which I put the Graphics card in again and changed to BIOS settings to display from the graphics card.

From there it was as simple as booting with nvda_drv=1 in the bootflags and the graphics were set properly.

Thank you for your help everyone and I hope this thread helps someone else in a similar situation.

Ok so I finally got everything to work correctly.
The USB's that was using must has just been dodgy.

I got a spare hard drive I had laying around and then install Unibeast onto that.

The easiest way to install Yosemite was to Enable Integrated Graphics, remove the Graphics card completely and leave only one stick of RAM in. From there I was able to boot into the system and install the NDIVIA Web Drivers. After which I put the Graphics card in again and changed to BIOS settings to display from the graphics card.

From there it was as simple as booting with nvda_drv=1 in the bootflags and the graphics were set properly.

Thank you for your help everyone and I hope this thread helps someone else in a similar situation.

This is pretty much the recommended way for a card that is not recognized by OSX at all. Good to see you up and running.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back