EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Superclocked 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there,

I have managed to get everything to work on my system but the graphics. I am able to run the installer for the Web Graphics and it runs all the way to the end.

If i do not restart the pc, but rather click on the NVIDIA drivers in System preferences I can see everything in the Utility, just not the graphics card which is meant to show after a reboot.

After a reboot however every time I try to access the driver settings in System preferences it shows the following error:
"Unable to open the NVIDIA Driver Manager - Please try again or re-install the Nvidia Web Driver pack from the NVIDIA website"

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

[UNSOLVED] NVIDIA GTX 960 Web Drivers Won't Install

Hello there,

I have managed to get everything to work on my system but the graphics. I am able to run the installer for the Web Graphics and it runs all the way to the end.

If i do not restart the pc, but rather click on the NVIDIA drivers in System preferences I can see everything in the Utility, just not the graphics card which is meant to show after a reboot.

After a reboot however every time I try to access the driver settings in System preferences it shows the following error:
"Unable to open the NVIDIA Driver Manager - Please try again or re-install the Nvidia Web Driver pack from the NVIDIA website"

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Have you got nvda_drv=1 in your boot args ?

Yes. My current boot flags are:
-v nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1
The system does not boot without nv_disable=1

Yes. My current boot flags are:
-v nv_disable=1 nvda_drv=1
The system does not boot without nv_disable=1

The current drivers do work with the 960. Maybe you got a corrupted install or download ?

Tried downloading multiple times and installing multiple times. Does it help if my display is running through VGA then a HDMI adapter to the HDMI port in the card?

Tried downloading multiple times and installing multiple times. Does it help if my display is running through VGA then a HDMI adapter to the HDMI port in the card?

VGA is not supported in OSX and has not been for some time. I would suggest investing a small amount in a HDMI cable.

VGA is not supported in OSX and has not been for some time. I would suggest investing a small amount in a HDMI cable.

My problem is i don't have any other display apart from the one that I'm running and the only port it has is VGA.

I think I'll just try to install Yosemite and see how it goes. Thanks anyway. :)

My problem is i don't have any other display apart from the one that I'm running and the only port it has is VGA.

I think I'll just try to install Yosemite and see how it goes. Thanks anyway. :)

Have you been trying this on Mavericks ? I dont think the 960 works on that since it was released after Mavericks.

Have you been trying this on Mavericks ? I dont think the 960 works on that since it was released after Mavericks.

Correct, Maxwell GPUs only work with Yosemite.

I am having trouble even booting from the Yosemite USB, but I will keep you guys posted

Whenever i try to boot to the USB in any circumstance all I receive is a flashing blank cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back