Contribute
Register

[Solved] gIOScreenLockState 3 error on High Sierra first boot in GA-Z97X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to set other things along with it?
The copy of CLOVERX64.EFI should be renamed to BOOTX64.EFI replacing the existing file, thats where the firmware looks for it nowhere else. If it still won't load you'll need to follow one of the methods in RehabMan's post.

The copy of CLOVERX64.EFI should be renamed to BOOTX64.EFI replacing the existing file, thats where the firmware looks for it nowhere else. If it still won't load you'll need to follow one of the methods in RehabMan's post.

Sorry, my bad. Now I renamed CLOVERX64.EFI to BOOTX64.EFI. But again now luck. Looks like I have to rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.
Now I have a question. If I rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi, will the windows boot manager still appear on boot menu?

Sorry, my bad. Now I renamed CLOVERX64.EFI to BOOTX64.EFI. But again now luck. Looks like I have to rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.
Now I have a question. If I rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi, will the windows boot manager still appear on boot menu?
Probably, but when it can't find the file firmware should fall back to whatever is at /efi/boot/bootx64.efi - hopefully Clover.

Probably, but when it can't find the file firmware should fall back to whatever is at /efi/boot/bootx64.efi - hopefully Clover.

Thanks. But in worst case, if windows boot manager fall back to clover then how will I boot windows? :confused:

Thanks. But in worst case, if windows boot manager fall back to clover then how will I boot windows? :confused:
Windows will still boot from the Clover menu. The thing to be aware of is when Windows updates it might recreate its bootloader configuration and you'll have to do the rename again.

successfully installed an nvidia card (GT740) under the same motherboard, but...
faced the 'gIOScreenLockState 3' each time I booted with "nvidia webdriver option set in clover"

what I did to pass over this issue :
- disable IGFX and boot through PCIe
- disable Audio (that create the respawn 10sec)
- in clover boot menu, chosse inject nvidia but not the webdriver

full installation as usual, then multibeast, inject nvidia but no fix, no webdriver,
alc1150 audio + serie 200 option
usb3 serie 7/8/9 + serie 200 max limit

not sure it is needed for USB3 but disable all *HCI Handoff too

Can you clarify, specifically what fixed your problem?
I opened Terminal from clover boot menu and ran these following commands

Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/

Later I rebooted and then used this:

Mount the HS drive's EFI partition and change the SIP setting (CsrActiveConfig) from MultiBeast's default 0x3 to 0x0 which turns on SIP and save

Reboot

and later installed Nvidia web driver. Next, without rebooting I used this:

In the Terminal, "touch" the two major kext directories:
Code:
Code (Text):
sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/

:ch: Now, mount the EFI partition and change the SIP (CsrActiveConfig) setting back to 0x3 and NvidiaWeb setting to "true";

:ch: Reboot

try putting boot flag "-liluforce" in the boot menu options. I think it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back