Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got my gtx 980ti and intel hd4600 working with quick sync using this guide. And if I check Mac x video converter pro quick sync i did a video conversion in 1.50sec and then turned quick sync off it went to 7.10sec well fast. But I also tried bruce x and thats around 36sec with quick sync on and also get same time if I turn my onboard graphics off in the bios.

I have tried almost everything in this thread, but I had no luck getting acceleration working. I can get macx video & VDADecoderCheckerSierra (~60fps) to identify hardware acceleration as working but I don't think this is correct since neither quick time uses it to decode H264 nor FCPX to encode/decode.

My setup:
GA-z170m-d3h
i7-6700k
NVIDIA Titan X

My main use will be with FCPX where I would like to use quick sync for decode/encode and the NVIDIA for rendering. I would appreciate any input!

Thanks

From reading through the posts I got the idea that it is possible to have encode/decode rely on the quick sync from HD530 and the rendering on the NVIDIA.
Actually if quick sync works in FCPX even without NVIDIA support, I will be happy...
The Titan X is the previous generation.

From reading through the posts I got the idea that it is possible to have encode/decode rely on the quick sync from HD530 and the rendering on the NVIDIA.
Actually if quick sync works in FCPX even without NVIDIA support, I will be happy...
The Titan X is the previous generation.

You might be able to get the Maxwell Titan X working by injecting the IOVARENDERER ID and subID via a plist only kext.

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/issues/5

Yep same here. No solution for 530 + Maxwell. I don't know why, but I was under the impression that there was a workable solution...

I feel like it's something NVIDIA could add by overwriting whatever the needed kexts that inject the IOVARendererID is, but I suppose they'd need Apple's support on that, which I doubt they'd ever get, since there is no machine made by apple that has that configuration/capability (Maxwell/Pascal Nvidia + iGPU)

I want to use quick sync.My config in my signature.Tried MacX video converter and nothing hardware acceleration.I attached my config.plist,ioreg,kextlist (clover/kexts/other).Tried inject intel (on/off) and nothing.ACPI (i-gpu,heci to mei and other) added on plist.I'm using DP connection in my discrete card (nvidia 1070), hd530 doesn't have port on my zotac.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.7 KB · Views: 239
  • ioreg.zip
    722.7 KB · Views: 91
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 126
  • macxvideoconv.png
    macxvideoconv.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 144
Status