Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the steps but got a kernel panic. I use HD 530 as my primary with no graphic card
The single HD530 works very well. I had a kernel panic in case of incorrectly selected ACPI fixes - DSDT. I can show my working configuration, but I have the Asus b150m-a, and the MacOS files are not patched on disk. All patches are applied Clover "on the fly," that is, in RAM. Different fixes can work on different MBs. Do not use the HDCP patch, it is no longer needed with the new IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. (In an enclosure for skylake) All solutions are found by forces and with the participation of enthusiasts from the Russian-language resource applelife. If you have version of bios for kabylake, then nvram will not be available for writing from the OS. Then you need to use the EmuVariable driver when installing the clover to emulate working nvram.

Attachments

• IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 249
  • config.plist.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 234
Ok, as I have Nvidia Gpu I used NvidiaGraphichsFixup -patch also but did not add boot (arg) -shikigva. Have to try that too if that does the trick.
You do not need to use an argument -shikigva.

Im installing in the EFi partition in the Kexts/Other folder and FakeSMC is installed where Multibeast probably installed it. No idea regarding that, sorry.

Im attaching my config.plist, hope it makes a few things clear
If they're in kexts/other you have to move FakeSMC there too. If FakeSMC is elsewhere (library/extensions) then clover overrides injecting kexts from kexts/other

Is your sleep wake is working ?

There is evidence of successful work of hibernation on some Intel H110-B150-Z170 motherboards with a single HD530. I have also working hibernation now. Developer https://sourceforge.net/u/lvs1974/profile/, Under the link new kexts. The solution for Sierra 10.12.4, but with 10.12.3, it did not work for me. Provided that the entry in nvram is available for writing for the OS, which is usually with older versions of bios that were before kabylake support. In the new bios, manufacturers blocked the nvram entry for OS, it needs to be emulated, and no one has tested how the hibernation works with the nvram emulator. You need to set the mode 25 by running in the terminal - sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25, - place these versions of kexts IntelGraphicsFixup and HibernationFixup together with LiLu и Shiki в /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, and add the patch to the config Clover, which "heals" a sudden reboot. My hibernation works only with the kext and patch together. Without a patch reboot on waking, without a kext HibernationFixup - hangs up (another patch on HDCP vs. friezes should be removed if put, otherwise it will not play the video after waking up) After installing the kexts and the patch before rebooting, clean the nvram sudo nvram -c The new patch is Снимок экрана 2017-04-20 в 23.04.39.png
Much can affect the success of awakening. But after all it works like a clock. Try, maybe you will start working. On the applelife while four success cases are accurate, along with mine.

Last edited:
There is evidence of successful work of hibernation on some Intel H110-B150-Z170 motherboards with a single HD530. I have also working hibernation now. Developer https://sourceforge.net/u/lvs1974/profile/, Under the link new kexts. The solution for Sierra 10.12.4, but with 10.12.3, it did not work for me. Provided that the entry in nvram is available for writing for the OS, which is usually with older versions of bios that were before kabylake support. In the new bios, manufacturers blocked the nvram entry for OS, it needs to be emulated, and no one has tested how the hibernation works with the nvram emulator. You need to set the mode 25 by running in the terminal - sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25, - place these versions of kexts IntelGraphicsFixup and HibernationFixup together with LiLu и Shiki в /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, and add the patch to the config Clover, which "heals" a sudden reboot. My hibernation works only with the kext and patch together. Without a patch reboot on waking, without a kext HibernationFixup - hangs up (another patch on HDCP vs. friezes should be removed if put, otherwise it will not play the video after waking up) After installing the kexts and the patch before rebooting, clean the nvram sudo nvram -c The new patch is View attachment 249715
Much can affect the success of awakening. But after all it works like a clock. Try, maybe you will start working. On the applelife while four success cases are accurate, along with mine.
thank you i will try it.

Last edited:
We do not need anymore -shikigva. and HDCP patch right?
HDCP patch is not needed with the new version IntelGraphicsFixup now the patch is in the kext, and -shikigva is not needed if there is a discrete video card, because its meaning is to tell the system to use the built-in graphics for decoding online, that is, with a monitor connected to it . The operation system has the option to use hardware acceleration on the integrated graphics only if it is offline. -shikigva simply instructs the patcher to change the system flag from offline to online. If there is a discrete video card, the embedded graphics are offline (ig-platform-id 0x19120001), and the system flag is also offline. Therefore, if you have a discret graphic card as primary display, you do not need to change anything.
You do not have a discrete card, the monitor is connected to the HD530, so you have to use -shikigva. (flag offline > online use GVA)

Last edited:
Yesterday there was a new version of the kext HibernationFixup. (1.1.4) This version does not need a patch IOPCIFamilyСнимок экрана 2017-04-20 в 23.04.39.png
Because it already exists inside the new kext. But this is still a beta version, I'm working now without a patch. And there is a message that someone did not work. So we need to check the old 1.1.3 with the patch in the config, and the new 1.1.4 without the patch in the config.

Attachments

• HibernationFixup.kext_1.1.4.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 167
HDCP patch is not needed with the new version IntelGraphicsFixup now the patch is in the kext, and -shikigva is not needed if there is a discrete video card, because its meaning is to tell the system to use the built-in graphics for decoding online, that is, with a monitor connected to it . The operation system has the option to use hardware acceleration on the integrated graphics only if it is offline. -shikigva simply instructs the patcher to change the system flag from offline to online. If there is a discrete video card, the embedded graphics are offline (ig-platform-id 0x19120001), and the system flag is also offline. Therefore, if you have a discret graphic card as primary display, you do not need to change anything.
You do not have a discrete card, the monitor is connected to the HD530, so you have to use -shikigva. (flag offline > online use GVA)

sorry guys for probably a stupid question:
is intelgraphicsfixup required if there is a discrete video card?

any way found for vdadecoder working with discrete card and skylake system?

is intelgraphicsfixup required if there is a discrete video card?
Maybe not . But it included several fixes, so if without it DRM playback on 10.12.4 or something else will stop working, then it is better to leave it. Or remove the kext and return the HDCP patch to the config. The solution with kext is better than the patch, I think.

There is no new data on the operation of specific graphics with VDA on skylake yet. And even on Linux CentOS 7.2 with Intel Media SDK, the driver and libraries for iQSV had made by Intel engineers, QSV disappears if booted with discrete graphics as primary display. That is, it's not just a problem in MacOS only.

And at 10.12.5 Sierra (beta 3) not recognize HD530 online mode. So who uses only one integrated HD530 graphics - do not rush to update on 10.12.5 . When there will be a web-driver on 10.12.5, those who have discrete graphics can upgrade the system. In offline mode, HD530 is detected. Then will see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back