Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet doesn't appear anywhere after fresh install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I got:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

KernelCache ID: 25FC43FCEC402566359DFB8F1DE5495B

If you look AtherosL1CEthernet is loaded but if you open the plist in Xcode it doesn't have the Device ID for your Ethernet Card which is the problem.

Code:
(hint)
ALXEthernet
0x10911969
IOPCIDevice
AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet
Atheros

If you look AtherosL1CEthernet is loaded but if you open the plist in Xcode it doesn't have the Device ID for your Ethernet Card which is the problem.

Code:
(hint)
ALXEthernet
0x10911969
IOPCIDevice
AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet
Atheros

Okay... how do I fix this? / Where do I put this information?

Attachments

• AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip
    73.9 KB · Views: 211
Okay- thanks!! And to uninstall the old kext before trying this one, what would you recommend?
I followed this guide to uninstall before, and the kextunload command didn't work (errored out), so I just removed it using the rm command. Is that okay?: https://www.maketecheasier.com/add-remove-kexts-from-macos/

To make it easier. Remove old kext and use KextBeast to install to L/E or you can use Terminal.

To make it easier. Remove old kext and use KextBeast to install to L/E or you can use Terminal.

Ethernet still not showing up in System Info... Getting this error now, like with the FakeSMC kexts- but it's progress!!?

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

Hopefully this is what you're looking for! Thanks!

ACPI isn't patched correctly. Maybe find a PCI-E solution and not use onboard Ethernet. Atheros ethernet isn't that good anyway buggy in OS X/macOS hence why i haven't bothered with it. Better to use Realtek or Intel.

ACPI isn't patched correctly. Maybe find a PCI-E solution and not use onboard Ethernet. Atheros ethernet isn't that good anyway buggy in OS X/macOS hence why i haven't bothered with it. Better to use Realtek or Intel.

So you think there's no hope for the on-board Ethernet? Anything else I could try? I'm not sure if I have space for another card in my case, I'd have to check...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back