Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet doesn't appear anywhere after fresh install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think there's no hope for the on-board Ethernet? Anything else I could try? I'm not sure if I have space for another card in my case, I'd have to check...

Personally i wouldn't bother. Theres no hope for it in Sierra using ALXEthernet its just buggy.

Personally i wouldn't bother. Theres no hope for it in Sierra using ALXEthernet its just buggy.

OKAY, IT'S FIXED! (I think?) Can't confirm whether it works well or not, but Ethernet is now showing up in my system info!! :)

I'm pretty sure I was just totally overthinking it and assuming that the kext in MultiBeast wouldn't work and that I needed something older to match my motherboard... I stumbled upon a page that pointed out that the AtherosE2200Ethernet that comes in MultiBeast SHOULD in fact support the AR8161 on my mobo, and since I had been leaning towards giving that a try anyway, I figured what the hell, and it WORKED!

In other words, IT'S SOLVED!! (for now...) Thanks so much for your help, VioletDragon! Crossing fingers I won't have to get a separate card just yet...

For others future reference:

Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 mobo with AR8161 Ethernet

Just install the AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0 that comes in MultiBeast if you're having issues with it showing up in the System Report. (and can confirm it shows up correctly in DPCIManager as well!) I had no luck with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext at all, and apparently the old mainstay, ALXEthernet.kext, is buggy as hell in Sierra.

In other words, IT'S SOLVED!! (for now...) Thanks so much for your help, VioletDragon! Crossing fingers I won't have to get a separate card just yet...

For others future reference:

Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 mobo with AR8161 Ethernet

Just install the AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0 that comes in MultiBeast if you're having issues with it showing up in the System Report. (and can confirm it shows up correctly in DPCIManager as well!) I had no luck with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext at all, and apparently the old mainstay, ALXEthernet.kext, is buggy as hell in Sierra.

Thats good. But ACPI is not patched neither is Native CPU Powermanagement is implemented. ALXEthernet is no longer maintained and I'm not going to waste time maintaining it not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back