Contribute
Register

[Solved] "End randomseed" with GA-Z370 Aorus UG 2.0: about to give up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there!

This week I received the parts for my newest build and once assembled I started with the installation of High Sierra. The motherboard came with BIOS version F1 and I started the install with my Unibeast USB stick, but the error "End randomseed" appeared. Since it is the first time I see this error, I didn't give it much importance and updated BIOS to latest version (F3).

After the BIOS update and configuration I discovered that the error was there yet, so it was mandatory to solve it in order to install. It is worth mentioning that this error appears at a very early stage of the installation (right after selecting the install choice in Clover's main interface).

So my battle against this build started... First I tried with different USB sticks (some created via UniBeast, others via Pandora's Box, others via command line+manual Clover install...) to no avail. The error and the symptoms are always the same.

Reading several topics here and at InsanelyMac I started trying with the different versions of AptioFix.efi, but none of them worked, always same error. Later I tried with several Clover revisions (mainly 4428, 4558 and today the newest 4586). Within every Clover revision I've tried the different AptioFix versions available, but all of them throw the same error.

A thread mentioned that it could help to remove as much hardware as possible, so I removed the RX580: same problem. Another thread pointed out that it could be the location of memory sticks (I'm using four 8Gb Ballistic LT modules), so I tried every possibility: just one of them in different banks, just channel A, just channel B... but the error continues appearing.

Throughout this process of trial and error I've tried other bootable sticks and all of them work ok. I've booted and installed Ubuntu 18.04 onto my Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250Gb without a single problem. I've also tried booting the system with hard disks containing previous installs: my Windows 10 UEFI install boots and works without a hitch.

And after all, I'm guessing the problem could come from two places: Clover or motherboard. I've reached this conclusion since I tried with other spare drives containing Sierra and High Sierra (previous installs which were working in my old rig) and they don't boot: the "End randomseed" error appears also in these spare drives.

Regarding the motherboard, I chose it because it was in the Buyer's Guide, and also because it's been used in this build, but my local dealer didn't have it in stock, so I had to pick the version 2.0, which is basically the same exact mobo (only a DVI port is missing, all the rest is the same as version 1). I know that version 2.0 doesn't appear in the Buyer's Guide, but I don't know if it is because there is an incompatibility with it.

These are some threads I've followed in my search for a solution:

- AptioFix @ GitHub
- Nicholas Woodhams' blog (although it refers to X99 systems, symptoms are similar and related to memory).
- "End randomseed" reboot @ this forum.

So this is where I am now. I just don't know if keep on trying (although I don't know what else to try) or just try with another board. I'm attaching some diagnostic files, just in case they help you in finding the culprit.

Being at this point, any help is welcome. Given the time and effort invested, I would prefer to make this work, but if I don't find a way to do it, I'll have to replace it.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI folder - ULTRAZONE.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 347
The kernel or prelinkedkernel is not loading. Try hit space bar once. Select verbose, single user, don’t reboot on panic, and keep symbols. Take another pic.

If it stops at root# type in without “” marks “fsck -fy” at next root# “exit”

Hi!

I'm having similar problems (full description in this thread) and I found this thread, but the tricks you describe are not working for me (can't reach single user mode for using fsck, I'm stuck on "End randomseed").

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I'm having similar problems (full description in this thread) and I found this thread, but the tricks you describe are not working for me (can't reach single user mode for using fsck, I'm stuck on "End randomseed").

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Check clover boot menu screen go to options/cpu tuning uncheck halt enabler if it’s yes, and pStates. Maybe try in Binaries fake ID 0x0506E3 or other supported IDs.

Check clover boot menu screen go to options/cpu tuning uncheck halt enabler if it’s yes, and pStates. Maybe try in Binaries fake ID 0x0506E3 or other supported IDs.

No dice... I also had Cstates=Yes and C6=Yes, but I didn't disable these two choices. Should I?

BTW, where can I find the rest of supported IDs to try with?

Thanks dude!

No dice... I also had Cstates=Yes and C6=Yes, but I didn't disable these two choices. Should I?

BTW, where can I find the rest of supported IDs to try with?

Thanks dude!

Clover configurator app it’s in the Kexts and kernels section. There is a tab for fakecpuid and some arrows to scroll up to find something similar to yours. In the cover boot menu in binaries write down what clover listed the cpu as. Then find a close match.

I have to check out of this thread, apparently a moderator believes I may be highjacking this thread because I don’t have the same equipment as you. Little do they know I usually test at least one new system a month, from laptops to desktops to mini PCs. They get returned so they don’t go into my signature line. Best of luck. The principles remain the same and there are a few ways to get past your kernel and prelinkedkernel failure to load i.e. clover ACPI settings, CPUID, drivers and graphics settings.. Hopefully, someone with a matching system can assist. My coffee lake was returned last week.

Clover configurator app it’s in the Kexts and kernels section. There is a tab for fakecpuid and some arrows to scroll up to find something similar to yours. In the cover boot menu in binaries write down what clover listed the cpu as. Then find a close match.

Hi again!

First of all, sorry for hijacking the other thread. Since it was a similar problem, I posted there, my apologies.

Back to my problem, I've been trying what Gigamaxx suggested, and the only CPU ids that have changed anything are the one for Ivy Bridge-E and "0c0106E0" (pointed by Gigamaxx to another user in another thread). These CPU ids allow me to pass the row of plus signs and "End randomseed" but the system gets stuck again after a couple of seconds.

Here you have an image of the point in which it stalls now by using fake CPU ids:

Attachments

• IMG_9620.JPG
    IMG_9620.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 354
Hi again!

First of all, sorry for hijacking the other thread. Since it was a similar problem, I posted there, my apologies.

Back to my problem, I've been trying what Gigamaxx suggested, and the only CPU ids that have changed anything are the one for Ivy Bridge-E and "0c0106E0" (pointed by Gigamaxx to another user in another thread). These CPU ids allow me to pass the row of plus signs and "End randomseed" but the system gets stuck again after a couple of seconds.

Here you have an image of the point in which it stalls now by using fake CPU ids:

NullCPUPowerManagement

Try this in clover/kexts/other folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back