Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - don't mean to jump into this thread but having similar issues after updating to Catalina. Can't get to desktop (was able to previously after update using -x -v -f) but not now. Weirdly I don't seem to have an EFI folder on my main HD?? That's where it's supposed to be, right?

The EFI folder should be in the EFI partition of your main system drive. The EFI partition is not mounted by default.

Sorry - don't mean to jump into this thread but having similar issues after updating to Catalina. Can't get to desktop (was able to previously after update using -x -v -f) but not now. Weirdly I don't seem to have an EFI folder on my main HD?? That's where it's supposed to be, right?

I'd highly suggest starting your own thread. This is very likely unrelated to your problems. We've been troubleshooting my build for days.

Here are the updated EFI folders - @pastrychef - would you take a look at the config.plist from nch107 and see if you can figure what's changed compared to P08. Again, I can boot off the nch107 plist, but not the P08 plist, no differences in CCG.

Attachments

• EFI-Updated-Nov2.zip
    50.3 MB · Views: 126
Here are the updated EFI folders - @pastrychef - would you take a look at the config.plist from nch107 and see if you can figure what's changed compared to P08. Again, I can boot off the nch107 plist, but not the P08 plist, no differences in CCG.

I'll try constructing a new Clover EFI for you. Previously, I was just editing yours... Who knows... Maybe something corrupt... Give me a little time. Heading out to dinner.

Yeah sorry - I've posted elsewhere but no one is responding - good luck
I don't see your original post - but you'll certainly have better luck starting fresh with as much information you can give. Tagging onto a different thread isn't going to help people troubleshoot your problem. It will just add noise to the thread.

I don't see your original post - but you'll certainly have better luck starting fresh with as much information you can give. Tagging onto a different thread isn't going to help people troubleshoot your problem. It will just add noise to the thread.

Please try this EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.2 MB · Views: 82
Sad to say that it stops in basically the same spot. See image for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back