Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say that it stops in basically the same spot. See image for reference.

Please add the attached file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 57
Well. If it makes a difference - it boots just fine using your EFI folder with nch107's config.plist. :)

I've attached a comparison of nch107's plist vs yours. Yours is on the left. Just based on the drive activity, nch107's is doing things before the apple logo shows up. I don't see any activity before the apple logo with the new EFI.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-02 20.05.33.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-02 20.05.33.png
    873 KB · Views: 62
Well. If it makes a difference - it boots just fine using your EFI folder with nch107's config.plist. :)

I've attached a comparison of nch107's plist vs yours. Yours is on the left. Just based on the drive activity, nch107's is doing things before the apple logo shows up. I don't see any activity before the apple logo with the new EFI.
The system still becomes unresponsive after a couple minutes as well. That's why I'm hoping we can figure out what the nch107 plist is doing to prep everything before the OS loads and replicate it. I obviously can't just swap the whole plist given the system freeze. :)

Please post his config.plist.

So you've booted with the 5700 XT and you have full acceleration?

I've used his plist to boot into the OS and run cinebench. Got a score of 3600-sh before the system became unresponsive. Does that mean I had full acceleration?
And yes, that was with the 5700XT.

I've used his plist to boot into the OS and run cinebench. Got a score of 3600-sh before the system became unresponsive. Does that mean I had full acceleration?

Is your Dock translucent?

When you launch Hackintool, does it say VDA Decoder Fully Supported?
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 10.26.48 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back