Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially if you're now using Sierra, could you please share your config? I'm having terrible trouble with exactly the same motherboard. No Quartz Extreme is the problem. I don't have the menu glitch. This is on my Indigo Sawtooth.

Thanks!

Well I do not have a good answer for you as I do not know how to tell if Quartz Extreme is active on El Cap and Sierra. My Mavericks systems, you can see the ripple effect in Dashboard when a widget is added but that does not seem to work on 10.11 and 10.12 systems that I have running. I just ran one of my systems on the three OS versions and that is the result.

And my Gigabyte system is an ATX form factor where yours is Micro ATX not that it matters.

The only system that I have that is using HD 530 for display is my latest G4 Cube that is running a Mini-STX motherboard.

Sorry for the non-answer.

Good modding,
neil

Well I do not have a good answer for you as I do not know how to tell if Quartz Extreme is active on El Cap and Sierra.

It is easy to see from ioreg.

This is without QE/CI (note .Display_boot under GFX0):
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 3.30.42 PM.png

This is with QE/CI (and happens to have GFX0->IGPU rename for IGPU PM):
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 3.31.42 PM.png

Note no .Display_boot, and also AppleIntelFramebuffer@X nodes (CI), and "IntelAccelerator" node (QE) further down.

It is easy to see from ioreg.

This is without QE/CI (note .Display_boot under GFX0):
View attachment 231631

This is with QE/CI (and happens to have GFX0->IGPU rename for IGPU PM):
View attachment 231632

Note no .Display_boot, and also AppleIntelFramebuffer@X nodes (CI), and "IntelAccelerator" node (QE) further down.

Thank you RehabMan.

Yes I see these on my G4 Cube hack with HD 530 running IORegistryExplorer. And so I ran my remedial test looking for the ripple effect when adding a widget in Sierra Dashboard and no ripple...

Good modding,
neil

Hi guys, this is a long thread so really don't want to read it.

Does HD530 work yet for sleep/wake?
Last I remember we can sleep but black screen on wake...

My system will Sleep but does not wake from Sleep, it reboots. Not a problem for me as I don't use Sleep on desktops.

Rehabman: Yes I agree that this system has CI and QE and is running 10.12.2 and can boot to a 10.11.6 partition as well. The system is this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-proposed-skylake-cube-any-interest.197843/page-5 , post # 46.

Good modding,
neil

Hello,

My setup:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU: Intel i3 6100
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
Running El Capitan on the iMac 17,1 definition.

Everything seems solid and is working well... but now I would like to get Dual Monitors working. Is the next step for me to plug 1 monitor into HDMI, boot and make a copy of IOreg? Then do the same with the other monitor but in the DVI port and make a copy of the IOreg? Do I need to also do that on the remaining additional unused HDMI port? Thank you in advance for any help and guidance. Thanks for your time.

Hello,

My setup:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU: Intel i3 6100
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
Running El Capitan on the iMac 17,1 definition.

Everything seems solid and is working well... but now I would like to get Dual Monitors working. Is the next step for me to plug 1 monitor into HDMI, boot and make a copy of IOreg? Then do the same with the other monitor but in the DVI port and make a copy of the IOreg? Do I need to also do that on the remaining additional unused HDMI port? Thank you in advance for any help and guidance. Thanks for your time.
First thing to do is disable Apple Graphics Device policy. To do so run the App at the bottom of Post #1 here Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart your system, only have one monitor connected and boot to the desktop, once at the desktop hotplug the second monitor. If this fails boot with the second monitor as primary and hotplug the first.

First thing to do is disable Apple Graphics Device policy. To do so run the App at the bottom of Post #1 here Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart your system, only have one monitor connected and boot to the desktop, once at the desktop hotplug the second monitor. If this fails boot with the second monitor as primary and hotplug the first.
Thank you @wildwillow that worked like a charm. Now have dual monitors working! Cannot thank you enough!

OK after testing Intel HD 530 on the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with success, I tested the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH. It appears as if we'll have to do some work on the Z170X-UD5-TH to make it work.

With Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH:
If I use Inject Intel = No I get black screen on HDMI port, which is the only graphics port besides the Thunderbolt 3 ports. If I Inject Intel = Yes, I can access the desktop, however there is no acceleration.

Bottom line- looks like we'll have to come up with some patches in order for some graphics port layouts to function correctly.

EDIT: Patching the framebuffer works- for the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH, here is the patch to use in Clover's KextstoPatch section. It will replace the unused Port 0x0 with 0x7.

Code:
<dict>                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                /wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA