Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total newbie, first hack. Sierra 10.12.2. GA-H170N-WIFI - only HD530 graphics. (2xhdmi, 1xdvi)
been able to fix an resolve all display issues so far, except dual monitor. I get totally lost trying to follow the threads, and don't want to do anything destructive. Systems been running well for 3 or 4 weeks now. Minus waking from sleep, but I just set things to never sleep.

So, ADGPfix.app.zip + hot plug 2nd monitor is safe sure fire way?

or is it easier to install nvidia 740/750 type card to have dual monitor? Don't want to buy graphics card if not needed (no video editing or gaming). Just a coder and would like dual monitor.

So, ADGPfix.app.zip + hot plug 2nd monitor is safe sure fire way?
You'll be safe to fire away at these steps, nothing destructive there.
or is it easier to install nvidia 740/750 type card to have dual monitor? Don't want to buy graphics card if not needed (no video editing or gaming). Just a coder and would like dual monitor.
If you don't mind hotplugging your second monitor then you don't need to purchase a discreet GPU.

Thanks. Ran the ADGPFix.app, everything Patched. restarted and after everything was up and I logged in, plugged in 2nd monitor (DVI), and no signal, and black screen on main HDMI monitor.

Suggestions?

Thanks. Ran the ADGPFix.app, everything Patched. restarted and after everything was up and I logged in, plugged in 2nd monitor (DVI), and no signal, and black screen on main HDMI monitor.

Suggestions?
Did you apply the 4th display patch from Post #1 to your config.plist. You may need a connector edit but if you haven't applied the 4th display patch, try it first.

Last edited:
Opened my config.plist and already had that patch applied. Pretty sure I did that early on in attempts to resolve screen flicker.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQMDAw==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQMEAw==</data>
</dict>

Hi. I am have Lenovo m700 with 2 DP port, but work one monitor. Help me please. :crazy:
MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
My config.plist
IOReg with connect first DP and connect second DP

Attachments

Opened my config.plist and already had that patch applied. Pretty sure I did that early on in attempts to resolve screen flicker.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQMDAw==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQMEAw==</data>
</dict>
Take a look at the link in Post#531 - as I mentioned you may need connector edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back