Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are the boot flags : inject-intel=true and ig-platform-id=0x19120000
Not boot flags, entries in your config.plist under the Graphics section. See pic:
Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 19.35.44.png

Hi wildwillow,

So I have both of my monitors working together by adding patches to my config.plist (10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays, 10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x6-DP2DVI, and 10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI.) However, I have run into problems. When I turn off a single monitor displaying macOS and later turn it back on, that monitor goes green or black. I have another related problem, when I switch to a different device, PS4, then back to macOS using an HDMI switch, the switched monitor goes black and the one that was displaying macOS the whole time turns green. Basically I can't turn off the monitors or use an HDMI switch. The only way dual monitors work for me, is to leave both on all the time and never switch the one connected to an HDMI switch away and back to macOS. Can you help me?

Hi wildwillow,

So I have both of my monitors working together by adding patches to my config.plist (10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays, 10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x6-DP2DVI, and 10.11.4-SKL-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI.) However, I have run into problems. When I turn off a single monitor displaying macOS and later turn it back on, that monitor goes green or black. I have another related problem, when I switch to a different device, PS4, then back to macOS using an HDMI switch, the switched monitor goes black and the one that was displaying macOS the whole time turns green. Basically I can't turn off the monitors or use an HDMI switch. The only way dual monitors work for me, is to leave both on all the time and never switch the one connected to an HDMI switch away and back to macOS. Can you help me?
Welcome to the forums adamorjames,
Unfortunately going back and forth when connected to HD530 does not work as aspected in OS X.
Are you running both your monitors through the switch? I can offer some suggestions to try but not a real solution at this time. Could you connect the monitor that you switch off directly to the mainboard, bypassing the switch. Is it possible for you to connect the PS4 into another input on the monitor and when wanting to use it change the source on the monitor?
You might also want to test which monitor you can turn off and on, for an unknown reason and through my testing there is a primary monitor and the secondary can be hotplugged keeping the use of both screens.

Welcome to the forums adamorjames,
Unfortunately going back and forth when connected to HD530 does not work as aspected in OS X.
Are you running both your monitors through the switch? I can offer some suggestions to try but not a real solution at this time. Could you connect the monitor that you switch off directly to the mainboard, bypassing the switch. Is it possible for you to connect the PS4 into another input on the monitor and when wanting to use it change the source on the monitor?
You might also want to test which monitor you can turn off and on, for an unknown reason and through my testing there is a primary monitor and the secondary can be hotplugged keeping the use of both screens.
The switch only has one output so I can only run one monitor through it. I have actually found a workaround to my problem. I can put the computer to sleep, with a keyboard shortcut, and then switch the PS4 monitor back to macOS and both monitors are fine. I can also put the computer to sleep instead of turning off the monitors when I want to go to sleep.

Hey, I realise this isn't a strictly Hackintosh issue but I've been wondering if anyone experienced graphic glitches while using HD 530 even in UEFI and Windows, because that's what I've been seeing regardless of any fixes so far.

I'm using the 6700K with Asus Z170-PRO and a 4K monitor connected via DP while my GTX 1060 is connected via PCI-E (nothing's connected to it though). The screen shows irregular artefacts (glitches) and occasionally goes to black completely (as if there was no input), but it happens only sometimes and I haven't identified a pattern so far. It's not related to temperature since it once remained stable during both a CPU and a GPU benchmark and then on another occasion went crazy after a fresh morning boot.

I've found some references to XMP errors as a potential source of this issue (which I'm going to test the next time I have physical access to the machine) but I'd still like to understand what's going on because I don't have a clue.

Right, so if anyone encounters this problem and is searching for a solution, it appears to be due to incorrect CPU/iGPU voltage settings (SA, IO, GT) which vary according to individual hardware components. For me, SA at 1.15V, IO at 1.1V and GT at 1.1V appear to be low and stable enough (I experienced no artefacts/flickering during a two hour test run).

I am a neewbie and have artefacts using 530 Graphics in the top LHS side of the screen in Sierra 10.12.3. I searched the forum and this seems to be the solution for the GA-H170N-WiFi motherboard I have but what do I actually do to apply this fix? I have set my BIOS Ram to 128Mb.

I am a neewbie and have artefacts using 530 Graphics in the top LHS side of the screen in Sierra 10.12.3. I searched the forum and this seems to be the solution for the GA-H170N-WiFi motherboard I have but what do I actually do to apply this fix? I have set my BIOS Ram to 128Mb.
you copy and paste the fix to your config.plist using xcode or plist editor

I have download both these program (xcode or plist editor) but not sure what to do next is there training info. on the Basic ABC learning pages I can follow? Sorry, this I all very new to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back