Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Shuttle SZ170R8 V1 - FZ170
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
On Board Graphics - Intel HD 530
I have two monitors connecting from VGA to my pc via Displayport using a VGA to Displayport adapter. I'm booting from the onboard graphics on the i7-6700k CPU (Intel HD 530) on Sierra via Clover.

Now, I did a little bit of playing around on the settings and found out that
Booting from InjectEDID gives the same results as booting with Enable nVIDIA Web Drivers ticked.
And it's the closest I can get to what I wanna do. - Boot with both monitors plugged in.

Here's what usually happens with both monitors plugged in and with InjectIntel.
1. Boots to the Clover bootscreen.
2. Shows apple logo on both screens, then the progress bar.
3. Primary monitor loads quarter of the way and shuts down. Secondary monitor finishes the progress bar.
4. Both screens turn off and secondary monitor starts to flash random colors.
5. Automatically restarts itself after 10 minutes or so.

Here's what happens with InjectEDID (or with nVIDIA Web Drivers Enabled)
1. Boots to the Clover bootscreen.
2. Turns on InjectEDID (or nVIDIA Web Drivers)
3. Shows Apple logo and then the progress bar. Both screens finish till the end.
4. Primary monitor shuts down but secondary monitor boots to the login screen
But when it does, it shows the blurred background for the login screen.
Meaning, the login screen (where you see your name and the box for your password) is activated on the proper monitor but it's just my primary monitor not displaying what needs to be displayed.

(possibly a graphics problem?)

Note:
I can wake from sleep, and I don't have random glitches at the top bar that's usually reported about using Intel's HD530 graphics on Sierra. I also have onboard audio working.

I thought I'd try turning the primary monitor on and off but nope, not the solution.
Is there a possibility I can edit the hex code or something to make the EDID work or is there a way I patch it with a nVIDIA Web Driver kext or driver?

VGA is not supported
Why enable Nvidia Web Drivers or patch a Nvidia Web Driver kext if you only have an iGPU, it will not solve your issue.
[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

I've no clue why my previous post disappeared but I'll repeat the gist of it.

I know that VGA isn't supported but correct me if I'm wrong.
VGA isn't supported IF the VGA slot is in the PC. (because only then it'll be a true analogue connection)

I use the display port slots in my pc to connect to my monitors into the VGA slots so it should be okay shouldn't it?

My monitors are definitely recognized because I can see it in the display preferences.
But the thing is, my secondary monitor isn't receiving signal.
I can hotplug and use it but I can't figure out how to get a signal flow across two monitors on bootup.

I already read/tried that guide and I've managed my way all the way down to step 5.
But I don't think I'm doing it right because the ADGPFix isn't meant for a 14,2 iMac system.
(Plus my system went bonkers ever since that patch. I can't even wake from sleep anymore.)

My 0x5 and 0x6 are all connected as display ports so I didn't patch anything there as it already had 00 04 00 00 as the connectors.
However, the av-signal-type is written as 10 00 00 00 but that guide has 02 00 00 00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back