Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen Flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so '-disablegfxfirmware' is definitely needed for FakeSMC, but now in verbose my screen is dark and flashing
'IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3...' and then goes blank....

Going back to VirtualSMC only.
when you get into home screen, send screenshot of system report/ graphics.displays. only reason I ask, is because for whiskey lake graphics, you HAVE to set device properties in config.plist. therefore I DONT think you had acceleration at all

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.06.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.06.29 PM.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 166
So
yes boot in verbose mode. remove fake smc
How do I remove FakeSMC if I can't boot into the system to remove it? I installed it to /L/E not Inject using Clover.....

So

How do I remove FakeSMC if I can't boot into the system to remove it? I installed it to /L/E not Inject using Clover.....
boot in safe mode or block kext at clover screen or boot from your installer usb.
also after reviewing my hp (whiskey Lake) laptop files of a hack I done a few weeks back, I realized you have to set device properties in config.plist for the whiskey lake graphics to work. I've attached the necessary screenshots with values that you'll have to enter in config.plist/Devices/Properties

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.09.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.09.58 PM.png
    498.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.10.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.10.15 PM.png
    508.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.10.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.10.41 PM.png
    507 KB · Views: 259
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.00 PM.png
    508.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.21 PM.png
    508.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.38 PM.png
    508.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.11.57 PM.png
    509.9 KB · Views: 255
Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.19.21 AM.png

I got back in using Single User Mode, thankfully I had a USB Keyboard around and ~5 years of Linux Command Line exerience. I'll try that right now.

boot in safe mode or block kext at clover screen or boot from your installer usb.
also after reviewing my hp (whiskey Lake) laptop files of a hack I done a few weeks back, I realized you have to set device properties in config.plist for the whiskey lake graphics to work. I've attached the necessary screenshots with values that you'll have to enter in config.plist/Devices/Properties

Done. Now what?

EDIT: UHD 620 now reads 2048MB of RAM. Let's hope this worked.

None yet, but it can be deceiving, as I thought I'd found "solutions" in the past just to learn that they don't work. They aren't constant and are spread out, but since a reboot of applying those properties I haven't seen any. Only time will tell. If an hour goes by without one I'll be pretty lucky, if I don't notice it for a few days, then it's fixed. But usually they'd happen far apart and then happen in closer intervals, or it would happen one by one by one.

None yet, but it can be deceiving, as I thought I'd found "solutions" in the past just to learn that they don't work. They aren't constant and are spread out, but since a reboot of applying those properties I haven't seen any. Only time will tell. If an hour goes by without one I'll be pretty lucky, if I don't notice it for a few days, then it's fixed. But usually they'd happen far apart and then happen in closer intervals, or it would happen one by one by one.
but as of now, any glitches? when scrolling pages opening apps, watching videos etc?

NOTE: I also noticed you were using 24bit Framebuffer depth, use this app to enable the 30bit Framebuffer depth

but as of now, any glitches? when scrolling pages opening apps, watching videos etc?

Oh I wouldn't get any graphical glitches before when doing those actions. The problem was occasionally the screen would flash black and then return to normal, no rhyme or reason, it could be idle and do that or I could be loading a webpage. But as of now no, no glitches. I appreciate your help incredibly and I hope this fixed it, and I'll be sure to redirect anyone else here if they have the same or similar issues, because I've never seen it before and I'm not sure if it's happen before with my graphics card.

Oh I wouldn't get any graphical glitches before when doing those actions. The problem was occasionally the screen would flash black and then return to normal, no rhyme or reason, it could be idle and do that or I could be loading a webpage. But as of now no, no glitches. I appreciate your help incredibly and I hope this fixed it, and I'll be sure to redirect anyone else here if they have the same or similar issues, because I've never seen it before and I'm not sure if it's happen before with my graphics card.
that's what we are all here for. im glad its working (for now at least) try the app I referenced in the above post to get 30bit Framebuffer depth. Screen looks a little more rich in color. you'll notice a difference. happy hacking my good friend. ill be sure to message you if I have any linux needs in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back