2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Laptop:
ASUS ZenBook UX330UAR
8GB RAM / 256GB SSD
Intel i5-8250U
1920 x 1080 (UHD 620)

After using this guide to setup my laptop as a Hackintosh (macOS 10.14.6), every once in a while it'll result in the screen flickering, and usually the intervals between the flickering get smaller and smaller to the point where sometimes the screen just panics. I tried injecting my EDID and setting my SMBIOS to iMac18,1 but none of those defeated the dreaded flickering.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I'd also like to make known that this only happens in macOS, as Linux and Windows ran without issues prior to this, so it is not a hardware issue but a macOS issue.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 24838.zip
    3 MB · Views: 546
Last edited:
try using SMBIOS with similar compatible hardware

try using SMBIOS with similar compatible hardware

Mines MacBookPro14,1 and I've tried iMac18,1. I think that's the closest I can get, unless you recommend something (Mine is the weird Kaby Lake-R "8th Generation" CPUs), and Apple never released Kaby Lake-R devices, only Kaby Lake (7th Generation) and Coffee Lake (8th Generation).

I don't know why you're using boot arg -cdfon and -disablegfxfirmware. that's intended for 4k users. are you getting graphical acceleration at all? also any reason why you are using 59168086 in fake id and 19160000 in platform id? try removing boot glitch fix patches as well

Last edited:
I don't know why you're using boot arg -cdfon and -disablegfxfirmware. that's intended for 4k users. are you getting graphical acceleration at all? also any reason why you are using 59168086 in fake id and 19160000 in platform id? try removing boot glitch fix patches as well

I'm getting perfectly fine graphical acceleration. And honestly I don't know why they are there. I was just messing around to see if I could come up with a solution. I'll install a fresh config.plist and create a new gen_debug momentarily to give you something fresh, and I'll disable -cdfon and -disablegfxfirmware, and get rid of boot glitch fix patch in Clover Configuration.

Also one thing I want to point out is I don't notice it happening after I press the dedicated "Ambient Light Sensor" button on my keyboard (it turns it off). Could that be somehow related?

EDIT: Also which patches should I get rid of? I don't want to accidentally screw something up.

I'm getting perfectly fine graphical acceleration. And honestly I don't know why they are there. I was just messing around to see if I could come up with a solution. I'll install a fresh config.plist and create a new gen_debug momentarily to give you something fresh, and I'll disable -cdfon and -disablegfxfirmware, and get rid of boot glitch fix patch in Clover Configuration.

Also one thing I want to point out is I don't notice it happening after I press the dedicated "Ambient Light Sensor" button on my keyboard (it turns it off). Could that be somehow related?
possibly can be related. did you boost vram to 2048mb for your whiskey lake graphics? that can sometimes fix glitches even if you aren't using a 4k screen

possibly can be related. did you boost vram to 2048mb for your whiskey lake graphics? that can sometimes fix glitches even if you aren't using a 4k screen

Heres the new gen_debug. Even after turning off those boot arguments it still happens, and what patches do I turn off? I tried manually setting the vRAM in Clover Configuration before and that didn't help. Is there something else I should be doing?

Attachments

• 14745.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 189
how about showing the glitches themselves (screenshot)

try turning off boot glitch fix in kernels/kexts to patch in config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back