Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen Flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be sure to locally install the kexts to /Library/Extensions for now on. I’ll try adding that EFI And removing those config entries, but yes I’ve tried different SMBIOS (iMac18,1 MacBookPro14,1)
also there is this one for UHD you could check out:

also may be worth going over this as well:

I’ve tried different SMBIOS (iMac18,1 MacBookPro14,1)

@AwlsomeAlex,

You should never use a desktop SMBIOS (iMac18,1) on a laptop Hackintosh ... thats just asking for trouble.
Perhaps you should try asking for help on the Asus ZenBook specific thread (linked from the GitHub page) :-

Maybe your issue has already been addressed by another user with the same laptop model ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@AwlsomeAlex,

You should never use a desktop SMBIOS (iMac18,1) on a laptop Hackintosh ... thats just asking for trouble.
Perhaps you should try asking for help on the Asus ZenBook specific thread (linked from the GitHub page) :-

Maybe your issue has already been addressed by another user with the same laptop model ?

Cheers
Jay
Thats the guide I used, i opened a ticket in the GitHub Repository but haven’t heard anything back. I’ll try posting there as well.
Also about the desktop SMBIOS, good to know.

I’ll take a look at all of these options during my lunch break and get back to you.

I removed those parameters, installed kexts instead of inject, and added the VirtualSMC EFI. Anything else I should do?

I think the VirtualSMC.efi not being there was the issue. Could not having that cause graphical issues @Feartech @Mrgeque @jaymonkey

Attachments

• debug_12642.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

I'm pretty sure it is still happening @jaymonkey @Feartech . I'm completely lost as to what I should try next.

I'm pretty sure it is still happening @jaymonkey @Feartech . I'm completely lost as to what I should try next.

Try using a different PlatformID .. Good ones to try would be :-

0x3E9B0000 with MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS
0x3EA50004 with MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS

Cheers
Jay

Try using a different PlatformID .. Good ones to try would be :-

0x3E9B0000 with MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS
0x3EA50004 with MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS

Cheers
Jay

I'm 99% sure the problem is now solved. (I think the one instance I saw it since was when a website was loading or refreshing, which is oddly normal). I think it was just because the EFI file was missing or I needed to spoof a 2048MB GPU. Thank you so much @Mrgeque @Feartech @jaymonkey for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back