Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Screen Flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you do NOT have an Nvidia GPU in your laptop, you should NOT have ANY Nvidia properties in your config.plist

Is that getting rid of the Nvidia and ATI properties in "Devices" for Clover Configurator? Also how would I transition from VirtualSMC to FakeSMC?

Is that getting rid of the Nvidia and ATI properties in "Devices" for Clover Configurator? Also how would I transition from VirtualSMC to FakeSMC?
yes get rid of Nvidia properties in config.plist and install fakesmc.kext to L/E

yes get rid of Nvidia properties in config.plist and install fakesmc.kext to L/E

Am I just installing FakeSMC? Or all of them from RehabMan's builds? Also what do I do with HWMonitor?

Am I just installing FakeSMC? Or all of them from RehabMan's builds? Also what do I do with HWMonitor?
just install fakesmc and make sure to correctly repair permissions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /

Actually just had a kernel panic when I walked away from it for a minute....

Attachments

• Kernel_2019-08-04-234526_Alexanders-MacBook-Pro.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 106
go back to virtualsmc and try without Nvidia properties

That was actually VirtualSMC, I hadn't even rebooted the device for Nvidia Properties and that happened. Just installed FakeSMC and removed Nvidia Properties, rebooting now.

go back to virtualsmc and try without Nvidia properties

It's taking forever to boot up.... should I go in Verbose mode to see if I see anything?

yes boot in verbose mode. remove fake smc

Okay so '-disablegfxfirmware' is definitely needed for FakeSMC, but now in verbose my screen is dark and flashing
'IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3...' and then goes blank....

Going back to VirtualSMC only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back