Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Hello dear community!

I'll try to keep things short - first post, first mackintosh build.

Installation (10.12.4) went well so far - but:

If I try to restart my hackintosh, the screen will stay black after restart, although the computer itself is running / restarting. (reproducible 90% of the time) - at this time I have to force shut off the computer.

I already tried several fixes I could find online, no luck so far.

edit: ah yes - sleep mode also doesn't work...hehe^^ - meaning if the computer has "shut down" to hibernate, I can't get it back on. It will shortly boot up, screen stays black, then turns off. (if those issues are connected?)

Can you please help me find a solution to my problem?^^
Thank you very much!

ps: I hope I did post this thread in the right topic of the forum. - ioreg & clover.zip attached (themes removed)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 171
  • iMac.zip
    617 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
ok thanks i will give it a shot. (will be back at my hackintosh tomorrow)
the AGDPFix says it's for Mac Pro 6,1 and iMac 15,1 / 17,1 SysDefs. I use iMac 14,2 (the recommended standard setting) - I hope it will still work?^^

can i re-enable SIP after applying AGPDFix i guess?

Just to be sure because I forgot to mention: normal shutdown and start / usage works perfectly, it's really just the restart / sleep functions that don't work.

Hey. Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately the fix didn't work. :(
(disabled SIP (and checked state via terminal), installed AGDPFix, checked nv_disable)

Maybe that's because i use internal Intel graphics (HD 530) and not an Nvidia GPU ?

As mentioned, i can boot up Hackkintosh normally and work with it, and i can shut down it normally.
But restart function and sleep function causes system to no longer work. After restart machine boots up, but screen stays black. After sleep mode, machine wakes but screen stays black and after some time, machine will turn itself off.

Do you have another idea what a fix could be?

Thank you!

EDIT: i just found out that in the System/Library/Extensions there is no AppleGraphicsControl.kext present, but the AGDPFix did a backup of the .kext ?

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your trouble in responding my post.
I no longer have the Radeon 250X. I am currently using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti.
Do you think you can still help me with this change?

Thx and sorry again.

I have same issue mate. When i try to restart the computer, screen will turn on black for a moment (almost 1 minute). Still figure it out how to fix it.

same problem here... did you find out what was the fix please?

same issue, still trying to find the fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back