MSI Z370I Gaming Pro Carbon AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
guys I'm at my wits end! please help
finally after weeks of tinkering I have my mackintosh working mostly the way I want. iCloud, iMessage, App Store works great.
Now Ive been reading all these different threads about my issue I'm beyond confused not sure where to start. I'm currently using onboard graphics uhd630 and I have a dual boot system (macOS/Win10) each on separate physical SSDs.

obviously on windows everything is great dual monitor setup works right out the gate. I have HDMI as main and DVI as secondary no issues at all.

on Mac when I boot from Clover I get both screens working and showing Clover. Once I boot... apple logo progress bar shows on both to a point, then the DVI monitor drops out. I've tried booting from with just HDMI and then once booted and on desktop plug in DVI still nothing. Funny thing is that if I shut down and boot with just DVI and no HDMI it shows just fine. Ill try and plug HDMI monitor after booted with DVI only and nothing shows on the HDMI. seems both ports are recognized I just can't get them to work together.

ASUS Z370-E
i7 8700K
16GB DDR4
INTEL UHD630
I have the exact same issue. Only mine is HDMI and Displayport. I have the same cpu, chipset, type and size of ram. If you figure this out please share.

Motherboard
ASUS Z370-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Here's one easy guide for HD 4600 but it shows basically how its done.
I really appreciate your efforts in helping .I'll give it shot and I'll report back.

Given new updates in mac mini, are there any chances the better support will be for Intel NUC HVK (AMD Vega) ?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Given new updates in mac mini, are there any chances the better support will be for Intel NUC HVK (AMD Vega) ?
They didn’t choose to use these chips. They talked about how powerful the graphics are compared to their last model but it’s only UHD 630!

Motherboard
GA-Z370P D3
CPU
I3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I recently upgraded my motherboard and chip in hopes that Intel UHD 630 would drive my 4K monitor, an HP Z27. But no luck; I'm stuck with low res and no video acceleration. Loading Whatevergreen using MultiBeat 10.4 didn't help.
This seems to be a common problem, but I don't know how to change device IDs or anything else in Clover or Gigabyte's BIOS. Clover Configurator confuses me. Is there an "idiots" guide to lighting up my new GA Z370P D3 / i3 8100 combination? Most of the posts seem to be older and not necessarily apply to Mojave builds.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 10.20.03 AM.png

Motherboard
MSI Z370I Gaming Pro Carbon AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
I recently upgraded my motherboard and chip in hopes that Intel UHD 630 would drive my 4K monitor, an HP Z27. But no luck; I'm stuck with low res and no video acceleration. Loading Whatevergreen using MultiBeat 10.4 didn't help.
This seems to be a common problem, but I don't know how to change device IDs or anything else in Clover or Gigabyte's BIOS. Clover Configurator confuses me. Is there an "idiots" guide to lighting up my new GA Z370P D3 / i3 8100 combination? Most of the posts seem to be older and not necessarily apply to Mojave builds.

View attachment 363784
What version of Whatevergreen, Mac OS, and Lilu are you using? For me, using whatever green 1.23 and 1.24, Lilu 1.27, with MacOS 10.13 and 10.13.6) I was able to get one monitor consistently working with video accelration at 1080p. I used SMBIOS 18.1.

Also, I had to make sure I Injected Intel in order for my display to be properly recognized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
GA-Z370P D3
CPU
I3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I’m running MacOS 10.14 and the WhateverGreen version that loads from Multibeast 10.4 (the latest version). Clover appears to be injecting Intel but I don’t know how to make sure.
Edit: From MB 10.4 documentation; “- Drivers → Misc → Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhatEverGreen installs WhatEverGreen v1.2.0 with LiLu v1.2.5”

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z370-E Gaming
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you have a OOB supported graphics card, OS X will boot with full acceleration. Done!
@Fl0r!an ,
I have a Radeon Vega 64 (liquid cooled). My understanding is Whatevergreen is supposed to fix any issues aside from having AMD kexts fully supported now in 10.14.1, correct? I'm a little confused because I am getting boot to black.

All known workarounds involve preventing the Radeon GPU from getting initialized during boot phase, e.g. by configuring iGPU=Primary.
I get boot to black, but only when I'm first booting from an OFF state. When restarting from the desktop, I am able to see BIOS and clover bootloader screen. I believe setting IGPU as primary in the BIOS will not use the graphics card for Final Cut Pro.

Also, after using the GFX0 to IGPU patch in Clover, I'm still getting GFX0 showing up in IORegistry. Is this a problem?

Last edited: