Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

guys I'm at my wits end! please help
finally after weeks of tinkering I have my mackintosh working mostly the way I want. iCloud, iMessage, App Store works great.
Now Ive been reading all these different threads about my issue I'm beyond confused not sure where to start. I'm currently using onboard graphics uhd630 and I have a dual boot system (macOS/Win10) each on separate physical SSDs.

obviously on windows everything is great dual monitor setup works right out the gate. I have HDMI as main and DVI as secondary no issues at all.

on Mac when I boot from Clover I get both screens working and showing Clover. Once I boot... apple logo progress bar shows on both to a point, then the DVI monitor drops out. I've tried booting from with just HDMI and then once booted and on desktop plug in DVI still nothing. Funny thing is that if I shut down and boot with just DVI and no HDMI it shows just fine. Ill try and plug HDMI monitor after booted with DVI only and nothing shows on the HDMI. seems both ports are recognized I just can't get them to work together.

ASUS Z370-E
i7 8700K
16GB DDR4
INTEL UHD630

ill attach some useful info like my IOregdump
View attachment 361404 View attachment 361405View attachment 361406 View attachment 361407

Try this link.
[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen ...

I'm on high Sierra 10.13.6
guide says for Mojave

Did you read the second paragraph, it is recommended for all other previous OS versions as well. Check it out, there is also an idiots guide to it somewhere I just saw recently. I could use that one.

Did you read the second paragraph, it is recommended for all other previous OS versions as well. Check it out, there is also an idiots guide to it somewhere I just saw recently. I could use that one.
thanks so much I somehow misread that line. BIG THANKS!!
please if you find it can you direct me to it? I also tried the search function for it

guys I'm at my wits end! please help
finally after weeks of tinkering I have my mackintosh working mostly the way I want. iCloud, iMessage, App Store works great.
Now Ive been reading all these different threads about my issue I'm beyond confused not sure where to start. I'm currently using onboard graphics uhd630 and I have a dual boot system (macOS/Win10) each on separate physical SSDs.

obviously on windows everything is great dual monitor setup works right out the gate. I have HDMI as main and DVI as secondary no issues at all.

on Mac when I boot from Clover I get both screens working and showing Clover. Once I boot... apple logo progress bar shows on both to a point, then the DVI monitor drops out. I've tried booting from with just HDMI and then once booted and on desktop plug in DVI still nothing. Funny thing is that if I shut down and boot with just DVI and no HDMI it shows just fine. Ill try and plug HDMI monitor after booted with DVI only and nothing shows on the HDMI. seems both ports are recognized I just can't get them to work together.

ASUS Z370-E
i7 8700K
16GB DDR4
INTEL UHD630

I have the exact same issue. Only mine is HDMI and Displayport. I have the same cpu, chipset, type and size of ram. If you figure this out please share.

Given new updates in mac mini, are there any chances the better support will be for Intel NUC HVK (AMD Vega) ?

Given new updates in mac mini, are there any chances the better support will be for Intel NUC HVK (AMD Vega) ?

They didn’t choose to use these chips. They talked about how powerful the graphics are compared to their last model but it’s only UHD 630!

Back