CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all, it's not worth going down the official trouble-shooting files/post path because I'll be getting an rx 570 card in a few days, but in case anyone has some advice, here's my issue: was using 1060, but decided to jump to mojave with UHD630 iGPU. Using latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts, latest mojave, wanna say clover 2722 (which is to say I'm back a few releases but pretty up to date). System in sig. 1060 is still in the box but init display is iGPU, I believe 128MB pre-alloc in BIOS.

issue 1: with 2 monitors connected, the DVI monitor doesn't come up cleanly on boot, I have to unplug and replug at login screen

issue 2: monitors don't come back up after sleep.

More detail:
issue 1: I have an HDMI 4k monitor and a DVI 1080p monitor. On boot, both monitors display BIOS, clover, and the initial loading bar, then the DVI monitor turns off, the HDMI monitor gets a highly noisy screen for a second then the login screen comes up (DVI monitor apparently gets the actual inputs, HDMI just shows the background). I replug the DVI, and everything is fine after that.

issue 2: sleep takes forever, like 2 minutes. waking the system after that briefly sends a signal to the monitors, but no actual video (status light changes from no signal to "have signal"), and after a few seconds, the monitors stop getting a signal. Hard reboot required. Haven't tested if the system is ssh-able.

What I've tried:
I've tried framebuffer edits. I do not have any graphics settings enabled/injected in clover. Kexts are pretty standard, fakesmc, ethernet, codeccommander, lilu, whatevergreen, realtekalc. I set device property with framebuffer edits using intel fb-patcher. I did customize a USB acpi patch and I have plugin-type set for cpu power management. I created display override plists for each monitor (which involved dumping the edid, patching byte 20 (80 -> B5), fixing the checksum, and setting DisplayVendorId and DisplayProductId, fixing permissions, removing @ attributes, chowning). I see that Display properties shows my custom display overide DisplayProductName but IOReg has the old EDID (80 instead of B5). IOReg does recognize my connector type edit for the DVI port.

Thanks for any advice. Sorry for the long post.

Motherboard
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 950 2 GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
2. AMD Radeon Graphics Cards

Basic Setup
AMD Radeon drivers are always included in OS X. You'll always find the most recent drivers in the latest OS X release, there's no other official place to download them. You might come across some patched or backported Kexts, but we'd advice against using them for stability reasons.
If you've ever installed on of those kexts, restore the original OS X drivers by reinstalling the latest Combo Update.

To get started, boot up without any graphics related settings in your config file:
Clover: InjectAti=False (FBName/VideoPorts unnecessary)
Chimera/Chameleon: GraphicsEnabler=No (AtiConfig/AtiPorts unnecessary)

If you have a OOB supported graphics card, OS X will boot with full acceleration. Done!
This 'straightforward' approach doesn't work for me.:banghead:

I recently purchased the Sapphire Pulse RX580, hoping to be able to change my NVidia GFX 950 and get a boot to Mojave from the High Sierra 10.13.6 OS I have running now. It's been a nightmare. I can't boot anything, USB Installer, the working OS SSD, nothing. It just freezes.

I have posted here, post 2588,
Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

discussing the problem I'm seeing. No advice yet helps. It must be some simple Clover setting as this freeze occurs as kexts are being loaded.

Any help here?

Motherboard
Z87X-OC
CPU
i5-4690K OC 4.4 Ghz
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro
Dear hackintosh experts,
I am unsure when this occured, but I am pretty sure it was after the latest high sierra update.
Prior to that, my GTX 1060 was working smoothly with nvidia web drivers and acceleration enabled.
But now, it's not. I can still access my mac through screen sharing, and I discover that my screen is recognized as "built-in display" but obviously, my screen stays black.
Via screen sharing I can see that the GPU is correctly recognized, the Nvidia web drivers are enabled, and that acceleration is clearly functional (Chrome is not blinking).
Could you help me find a way to fix this? I have tried reverting to a clone of my hdd when it was working, but I still have the issue. I reverted to numerous backup version of config.plist as well as clover EFI and kexts with no luck. Tried to install lulu and whatevergreen but didn't make any improvement.
Kinda desperate here... hence my post. What would you need from me to help me out?
Best

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX570
This 'straightforward' approach doesn't work for me.:banghead:

I recently purchased the Sapphire Pulse RX580, hoping to be able to change my NVidia GFX 950 and get a boot to Mojave from the High Sierra 10.13.6 OS I have running now. It's been a nightmare. I can't boot anything, USB Installer, the working OS SSD, nothing. It just freezes.

I have posted here, post 2588,
Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

discussing the problem I'm seeing. No advice yet helps. It must be some simple Clover setting as this freeze occurs as kexts are being loaded.

Any help here?
Yea, this never worked for me either. My issue is wake after sleep. All the usual fixes don’t really work. For "OOB" my RX570 has been nothing but a hassle.

You might want to try RadeonDeinit=YES and use darkwake=2 or 10. I'm not entirely sure which one will work or why (despite having read the explanation here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/important-darkwake-0-flag-can-break-auto-sleep-in-10-8-1.69714/post-447117)

EDIT 02-22-19
I think I have finally figured it out. darkwake=8 works for my set-up. Have been able to wake from sleep several times. Screen comes on almost immediately after a single key press.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS H81M-CS
CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I'm using a Monitor with only one VGA port and my motherboard has also one VGA port for the Display but I am using onboard integrated Haswell Intel HD 4400 graphics . I was unable to enable graphics acceleration on my Hackintosh Mojave at all .Please help me and show me a way to enable graphics.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm using a Monitor with only one VGA port and my motherboard has also one VGA port for the Display
Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-CS
CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).
So is there any unofficial way to manually enable graphics for my VGA display.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS H81M-CS
CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Finally I was successfully able to install a hackintosh on my PC after buying a new Nvidia graphics card. But it didn't ended well. As soon as I've restarted my PC it was stuck at the ASUS boot logo and both mouse and keyboard freezed. Thus I can't open my pc, neither can I go to the BIOS settings. Please help and give me any solution.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX570
Nvidia currently has no drivers for Mojave. It has been nearly a year and no driver seems to be coming. As much as I hated getting my AMD card to work, it looks like it is the future.

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-CS
CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
What is the best compatible internal WiFi card for hackintosh?