Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uar i think @freejack mentioned that he modified the BIOS and set the Package C State Limit to C9, to get it to boot without using "cpus=4" argument at boot
Hope that helps

@uar i think @freejack mentioned that he modified the BIOS and set the Package C State Limit to C9, to get it to boot without using "cpus=4" argument at boot
Hope that helps
Thanks for tip, @Silentmoon. I never modify the native BIOS provided by the manufacturer. I think you can limit to C9 on SSDT, but not sure. Will check it soon...

Last edited:
I like it! :clap: It's working, @68x1. For those who want to change effect. He forgot to mention that you have to change it in the main.m file.

Last edited:
I like it! :clap: It's working, @68x1. For those who want to change effect. He forgot to mention that you have to change it in the main.m file.
Good to know it works on the Razer Blade. I'll create a GUI (or port the Linux Python GUI) when I get the time. Let me know if you hit any roadblocks.

Good to know it works on the Razer Blade. I'll create a GUI (or port the Linux Python GUI) when I get the time. Let me know if you hit any roadblocks.
Some effects are working, like breath, wave, spectrum and starlight. You have to change the mode for the others, don't know how. I want to make a custom effect and apply that, but it seems I need to add values. Do you know how? (Let's say I want my Chroma Keyboard to only one color like white) It could have been easier with GUI like you mentioned. Keep it up and let me know how it goes! :thumbup:

@uar Your post here, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/razer-blade-2016-os-x-10-11-5.195497/page-12#post-1414352, did your laptop black screen after the wifi card swap?

GUI is a low priority for now. I'm going to verify that all of the features work properly, then proceed with the GUI.
Not the Wi-Fi card. It was Clover who caused the freeze when selecting Windows to boot (No idea why it happened). I think reseting the Bios battery will most likely solve issue. Give it a try! Anyways thanks for porting the drivers to macOS.

Hey @uar , what audio codec does your Late 2016 blade have. I've been trying to get audio working on my Early 2017 blade by patching AppleHDA.kext but haven't had any luck. Can get the microphone working and internal speakers shows up in the system preferences, but still no sound.

Hey @uar , what audio codec does your Late 2016 blade have. I've been trying to get audio working on my Early 2017 blade by patching AppleHDA.kext but haven't had any luck. Can get the microphone working and internal speakers shows up in the system preferences, but still no sound.

Which audio codec does the laptop have?
Attach audio codec dump from Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back