Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! Look forward to it! @uar
I have installed El Capitan and working on a guide for it. My printer is not supported in Sierra. It's easier to install 10.11 rather then 10.12. If you want to install 10.12 than you are on your own at the moment.

@RehabMan, I installed Sierra on a second partition. Everything is working except my built-in keyboard. On the blade it's not PS2, but USB. It's detected, but as a USB 3.0 and it's 2.0 in El Capitan. Do I have a workaround for this?

Files provided. Using an external one for now, but I will try to install drivers for the keyboard ported from Linux. I came across reading your FAQ and found out that "Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup." This laptop`s GTX 1060 is connected to HDMI. Can I make it work for an external monitor? :thumbup:

Attachments

• To RehabMan.zip
    764 KB · Views: 86
Files provided. Using an external one for now, but I will try to install drivers for the keyboard ported from Linux. I came across reading your FAQ and found out that "Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup." This laptop`s GTX 1060 is connected to HDMI. Can I make it work for an external monitor? :thumbup:

Your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.

Hi, something I just wanted to ask:

Since NVIDIA has released Pascal drivers for OSX, would it be now be possible to use the internal 1060?

If I'm understanding it correctly, does the 1060 in this case not count as a "dedicated" GPU, being tied to the processor?

If I'm understanding it correctly, does the 1060 in this case not count as a "dedicated" GPU, being tied to the processor?

Most Nvidia laptop setups are Optimus... where it has no dedicated outputs and instead outputs through the Intel GPU.

In rare cases, the Nvidia may have dedicated outputs (which is really what most people mean by the term "dedicated GPU").
You can look at Display Properties under Windows to see which GPU is connected to an external display plugged into HDMI (or DP if that's what your laptop has).

Most Nvidia laptop setups are Optimus... where it has no dedicated outputs and instead outputs through the Intel GPU.

In rare cases, the Nvidia may have dedicated outputs (which is really what most people mean by the term "dedicated GPU").
You can look at Display Properties under Windows to see which GPU is connected to an external display plugged into HDMI (or DP if that's what your laptop has).
It's connected to HDMI, can we make it work? And how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back