Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it should work. I've tried with thumb drive too, same happens. Can it be USB related issue?

If you have a problem with class-code spoof NVMe, reply in class-code spoof NVMe thread with files requested in "Problem Reporting". Also, provide details on your issue.

If you have a problem with class-code spoof NVMe, reply in class-code spoof NVMe thread with files requested in "Problem Reporting". Also, provide details on your issue.
It works in El Capitan, the NVMe ACPI identity is the same as your NUC. I have managed to get NVMe drive to get detected but the installer is stuck at loading files.

@freejack, I've looked at your provided files to @hobyho and they're almost the same. El Capitan works perfectly, I don't know why Sierra is making it difficult to install. Did you direct update to Sierra or USB installer and what are your BIOS configurations?

Your SMBIOS is set to MacBookPro13,1. I thought you said they were on iMac17,1...

Last edited:
It works in El Capitan, the NVMe ACPI identity is the same as your NUC. I have managed to get NVMe drive to get detected but the installer is stuck at loading files.

No idea what you mean by "installer is stuck at loading files"...

@freejack, I've looked at your provided files to @hobyho and they're almost the same. El Capitan works perfectly, I don't know why Sierra is making it difficult to install. Did you direct update to Sierra or USB installer and what are your BIOS configurations?

Your SMBIOS is set to MacBookPro13,1. I thought you said they were on iMac17,1...

Yeah I haven't been able to get the Sierra installer to boot up with @freejack's CLOVER files, was there something else you did to get it to work @freejack?

No idea what you mean by "installer is stuck at loading files"...
Maybe not loading files, but it's stuck right there. See attached photo:

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 100
Maybe not loading files, but it's stuck right there. See attached photo:

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 83

No need for patched ACPI to reach the installer. Use native ACPI when trying to boot the installer.
Why is IONVMeFamily in Clover/kexts/10.12 instead of HackrNVMeFamily?

No need for patched ACPI to reach the installer. Use native ACPI when trying to boot the installer.
Why is IONVMeFamily in Clover/kexts/10.12 instead of HackrNVMeFamily?
Great, will try without patched ACPI, but SSDT-NVMe-Pcc should be there still? (To boot NVMe) My bad, I was trying KextToPatch with 10.12.3. Can I use HackrNVMeFamily.kext from El Capitan? (Temporarily)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back