Contribute
Register

Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also notice you have QE/CI enabled so I wouldn't worry about the graphics card if they weren't enabled you menu bar would be gray another way to check is open DVD play and click help the click supported options you should we Quarz extreme saying yes and for core image open system preferences and go to desktop click screen saver and preview one if you see the image to Core image is enabled

Ok for that problem the guide we gave you was perfect but here is a few extra steps you can take in the extra folder open with text edit org.chameleon.boot.plist and look for a key named device properties if not there you will need it also look In The modules folder for filenvram you'll need that also open smbios.plist with text edit copy and post it here but additionally is this a laptop or desktop and did you use laptop support on a desktop in the unibeast USB drive cause if so it will cause all kinds of issues also attemp to login using your Ethernet not your wireless USB be sure that the bsd for the Ethernet is en0 open system profiler and have a look at the Ethernet for the first login you will have to use the Ethernet be sure that you followed every step in the guide to the word use chameleon wizard to correct your smbios and filenvram issue it can be downloaded in the community section of the download page the smbios and the filenvram are the most important part clear all your old iMessage data by following the guide plug into your Ethernet and attempt to log in again and upload the screen shot if it gives you an error code and say contact support for assistance just do so I called them and it was something on there end

It's a desktop and I used the desktop unibeast. Since the wireless wasn't working before now it was ethernet and was en0. and I'll try the solutions you have given me tomorrow, hopefully it works! thanks for your help today and you can respond and I'll see it either right before I fall asleep or in the morning.

I also notice you have QE/CI enabled so I wouldn't worry about the graphics card if they weren't enabled you menu bar would be gray another way to check is open DVD play and click help the click supported options you should we Quarz extreme saying yes and for core image open system preferences and go to desktop click screen saver and preview one if you see the image to Core image is enabled

I just changed the bios settings from PCIE to igpu and switched the hdmi cable, but it's annoying when I wan't to use windows to game. Also I have yet to purchase a dvd drive as I buy most of my games/media through online stores.

Ok for that problem the guide we gave you was perfect but here is a few extra steps you can take in the extra folder open with text edit org.chameleon.boot.plist and look for a key named device properties if not there you will need it also look In The modules folder for filenvram you'll need that also open smbios.plist with text edit copy and post it here but additionally is this a laptop or desktop and did you use laptop support on a desktop in the unibeast USB drive cause if so it will cause all kinds of issues also attemp to login using your Ethernet not your wireless USB be sure that the bsd for the Ethernet is en0 open system profiler and have a look at the Ethernet for the first login you will have to use the Ethernet be sure that you followed every step in the guide to the word use chameleon wizard to correct your smbios and filenvram issue it can be downloaded in the community section of the download page the smbios and the filenvram are the most important part clear all your old iMessage data by following the guide plug into your Ethernet and attempt to log in again and upload the screen shot if it gives you an error code and say contact support for assistance just do so I called them and it was something on there end

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK91161OXYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I tried the other stuff you suggested and it didn't work... :( any others?

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK91161OXYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I tried the other stuff you suggested and it didn't work... :( any others?
ok here is what mind looks like that i generated with chameleon wizard and there are a few differences especially with the smbiosversion you clearly aren't following the guide to the exact word or it would look similar i suggest following the guide down to the exact word read it don't skip steps or we will be here on this same problem forever also notice the smsystemversion string at the end there isn't one in yours

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK946P46XYL</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

ok here is what mind looks like that i generated with chameleon wizard and there are a few differences especially with the smbiosversion you clearly aren't following the guide to the exact word or it would look similar i suggest following the guide down to the exact word read it don't skip steps or we will be here on this same problem forever also notice the smsystemversion string at the end there isn't one in yours

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK946P46XYL</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Which guide do I need to follow? I don't believe I have skipped any steps... But you know more than I do and I appreciate the help. I have a flight to catch in the morning and i'll be able to get back on later, but I need some sleep.

Now i'm crashing? has the apple boot screen and all the code. I changed my computers smbios to 4,1 mac pro, because apparently everything was filled in, but when I restarted it doesn't boot... any fix for this or am i screwed?

Yes, I know that now, but how do I fix it?

sorry LOG4N I fell asleep myself ,try to boot safemode -x and rerun chameleon wizard follow the guide I posted prolly back on page one select the smbios that corresponds to your machine Mac Pro 3,1 besure you click the two random button a few times to generate a unique serial if you cant boot get me a screen shot for futher assistance and post it here I promise we are going to get this thing fixed and im going to stick with you until its done if you have questions just ask but never ever just do random things or youll be right back here not booting
Carpentry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back