Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
If anyone could help me on getting my r9 290 to work with my hackintosh that would be great! I know there is a way to trick it so it thinks it's another graphics card or something like that and I need help getting iMessage to work, because I have tried everything to get it to work. facetime and iCloud both work just not iMessage. Also if someone could help me to get my usb wireless adapter that apparently only works on windows to work on the mac side too? It kinda defeats the purpose of having a hackintosh with my mac book pro right next to it to tether the ethernet cable. Please no one helped my in my other thread.

If anyone could help me on getting my r9 290 to work with my hackintosh that would be great! I know there is a way to trick it so it thinks it's another graphics card or something like that and I need help getting iMessage to work, because I have tried everything to get it to work. facetime and iCloud both work just not iMessage. Also if someone could help me to get my usb wireless adapter that apparently only works on windows to work on the mac side too? It kinda defeats the purpose of having a hackintosh with my mac book pro right next to it to tether the ethernet cable. Please no one helped my in my other thread.
First let me start by saying we aren't telepathic what kind of system is it (motherboard)? What install do you have on it? What other hardware is being used with it? What kind of USB wireless device is it exact model? I'd be glad to help as much as I can but if all your threads exclude this kind of info it's obvious why no one helped you. Also please take a minute to update your profile with your system info put your exact motherboard in the system section so it can be used as a quick reference point for others once the thread becomes pages long. I'd like to help and I'm sure others will too but we will need the info.

First, the usb wireless adapter needs to go. If you can afford a R290, buy a recommended wireless card. It's superior to any usb thingy anyway. It's down towards the bottom on the buyers guide. It's less than 50 and works great.

There is a very nice guide on this torus for getting message to work. It involves getting a file that isn't normally installed, but available. There are some plists you need to delete.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

As far as the video card, I've got nothin'.

First let me start by saying we aren't telepathic what kind of system is it (motherboard)? What install do you have on it? What other hardware is being used with it? What kind of USB wireless device is it exact model? I'd be glad to help as much as I can but if all your threads exclude this kind of info it's obvious why no one helped you. Also please take a minute to update your profile with your system info put your exact motherboard in the system section so it can be used as a quick reference point for others once the thread becomes pages long. I'd like to help and I'm sure others will too but we will need the info.

Thank you for letting me know this. I have a Asus maximus hero with the wusb6300 wireless adapter I have windows 7 Ultimate on one hard drive and on the other one OS X mavericks.

First, the usb wireless adapter needs to go. If you can afford a R290, buy a recommended wireless card. It's superior to any usb thingy anyway. It's down towards the bottom on the buyers guide. It's less than 50 and works great.

There is a very nice guide on this torus for getting message to work. It involves getting a file that isn't normally installed, but available. There are some plists you need to delete.

How should I go about getting rid of it it was a 70$ purchase that I rather not just not use. My parents helped a lot with the purchase of the computer but I saved and bought the graphics card by myself. And when I went to best buy to buy a wireless card the guy I asked said that the usb adapters have become a lot more advanced and superior to cards now. My problem is I live in a house with plaster walls and wifi tends to get weaker at the ends of my house (where my computer is) and it is under the desk. If I have the antennas at the back it would make the signal even worse. thats why I have the usb adapter on the front of my computer.

I've also done the filenvram thing and it didn't work. and could you point out where in that thread they explain how to delete the plists?

That R9 290 is simply not supported yet, highest is the R9 280 but 270 is preferred.

So there is no way to trick the hackintosh to think it is another graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back