Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OS X Mavericks download - Where to find it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, their Z87 system had been running Mavericks for years but now it's not bootable. That's why a new download of Mavericks is required for the re-install.

Sorry, I just checked and edited my previous post ...

Can the OP download from a Broadwell MacBook Air?

Sorry, I just checked and edited my previous post ...
They have an older Macbook running Lion so it can't be Broadwell based. Does your Broadwell MBA work for the Mavericks download ?

They have an older Macbook running Lion so it can't be Broadwell based. Does your Broadwell MBA work for the Mavericks download ?

Sorry, I'm getting confused again.

Back in post #12 the OP stated the laptop they were trying to download on was a 2015 MBA, so Broadwell.

I am not helping here. Sorry again to all.

I am not helping here. Sorry again to all.
It's not a problem. No apology needed. Again, this would all be completely unnecessary if Apple just posted a Mavericks download link on Apple.com. Just like they do for Mt. Lion. Maybe someone should email TCook and see if they could muster up the manpower to perform this simple task. I love Mavericks and still use it on my Z68 system. Last OS X edition to still have the 3D dock. It should be available as it was free to download in 2013/14.

Screen_Shot.jpg

It's not a problem. No apology needed. Again, this would all be completely unnecessary if Apple just posted a Mavericks download link on Apple.com. Just like they do for Mt. Lion. Maybe someone should email TCook and see if they could muster up the manpower to perform this simple task. I love Mavericks and still use it on my Z68 system. Last OS X edition to still have the 3D dock. It should be available as it was free to download in 2013/14.

View attachment 551685

Very true. I'm a big (retro) fan of Mountain Lion because of the remnants of skeuomorphism that were still left in, like the address-book etc.

Very true. I'm a big (retro) fan of Mountain Lion because of the remnants of skeuomorphism that were still left in, like the address-book etc.
The now departed from Apple, Jony Ive was the reason they started removing all that starting with Yosemite. Today Ventura looks more like iPadOS than macOS. Some may like that. I really don't. I started out with a G4 Mac running OS X Tiger back in 2005, before the iPad or iPhone even existed. Not a big fan of i devices.

Last edited:
TRS,
I am now writing this from an old iMac running 10.9.5 Mavericks and the App store page is blank when I open it. Cant see anything , When I try to sign in it says connection failed though safari works as well as Google chrome.

writing this from an old iMac running 10.9.5
What iMac model specifically ? What happens when you open the App Store app from Applications folder ?

Screen Shot.jpg

iMac 9.1. When the App Store page opens the GUI is blank all tabs do not work.
Click on the Apple logo (upper left of screen) then Software Update. See if any updates to Mavericks show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back