Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OS X Mavericks download - Where to find it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The maximum macOS version for that model iMac includes 10.10 and 10.11. You might upgrade to one of those if you can't get the App store to work with Mavericks. As I said earlier the App Store for High Sierra worked to download Mavericks on my Mac mini.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
Click on the Apple logo (upper left of screen) then Software Update. See if any updates to Mavericks show up.
Yes there is one update available but fails when trying to install update. Now nothing happens when i click the updates tab.

The maximum macOS version for that model iMac includes 10.10 and 10.11. You might upgrade to one of those if you can't get the App store to work with Mavericks. As I said earlier the App Store for High Sierra worked to download Mavericks on my Mac mini.

View attachment 551690
Sorry, but how can i update to one of those without access to App store? Thanks

Last edited:
I can download El Cap from this link with Safari on Mavs 10.9.5. Chrome or Firefox should work as well.

It should work for you too. It's a dmg file so once the download is completed, double click the .dmg and click through all the prompts to upgrade.
TRS, Here are my latest efforts:

I tried creating a usb with the El cap link above using unibeast 6.1.1 on my new MacBook Pro. When I download the file from the link you provided, I get a InstallMacOSX.dmg file and it doesn’t go to applications it stays in downloads. So I double click it and it opens a InstallMacOSX.pkg in the downloads folder. Using the 10.11 El Cap installation guide, when I get to step 14 “Select OS Installation screen choose El Capitan and click Continue”, the El Cap icon in the unibeast screen is grayed and can’t be selected. Thinking it’s because the file isn’t in the apps folder, I tried dragging the .pkg file into applications folder but unibeast still doesn’t see it. When I try double clicking on the pkg file it checks to see if the software can be installed on the new MacBook only. Also I don’t get/see the Install OSX El Cap icon that you showed back in post #38.

I also tried creating a usb with the Mountain Lion link provided above using Unibeast 5.2 and the 10.8 install guide and it essentially failed at the same step as I described above for El Cap.
Unibeast does not see these DMG or pkg files as they don’t go directly to the apps folder , even when copied to the apps folder. and again there was no Mountain Lion icon Like you showed.
I also tried using a couple of old iMacs with 10.9.5 and an old MacBook with 10.7.5 to try to get to the App Store to redownload Mavericks but that failed as well. The Apple ID and password I need to use are not recognized, though they are correct and are recognized on my new MacBook Pro and iPad.
Any suggestions? Thanks

I tried creating a usb with the El cap link above using unibeast 6.1.1 on my new MacBook Pro.
What I was suggesting you do with the El Capitan dmg file is to upgrade the older iMac itself to El Capitan so that you'd have a newer version of the App Store app that would let you download the full Mavericks installer. You need the full installer to make a Unibeast USB to install Mavericks to your Haswell system. That is the end goal of this. You don't need Unibeast to upgrade the old 9,1 iMac to El Cap.

TBH, if you're tired of all this going around in circles for 12 days now, just buy a 2011 Mac mini on Ebay. Upgrade to High Sierra. Sign in to the app store, go to the purchased tab and download Mavericks. That's what I would do. If it works on my 2011 mini it has to work for you too.

TBH, if you're tired of all this going around in circles for 12 days now, just buy a 2011 Mac mini on Ebay. Upgrade to High Sierra. Sign in to the app store, go to the purchased tab and download Mavericks. That's what I would do. If it works on my 2011 mini it has to work for you too.
Thanks I did just that and hopefully will solve it . I’ll let you know how I do when I get the mini in 5 days. I appreciate your help and patience.
Thanks,
BobG

I figured I would try updating the old IMac while I was waiting for the mini. The update to El Cap was successful on the iMac and I can now sign in to the App Store and view purchases. My Mavericks purchase from 2014 is there but when I try to download Mavericks I get a spinning wheel. Any ideas?
Thanks

After signing out of the App Store and signing back in I was able to get it to download Mavericks! Now I will try creating usb with unibeast 3.0.1 as I did in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back