Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

The update went smoothly with me, from the app store updater rather than the standalone combo updater, but I still have to use Aji as a frame buffer personality in my Clover config.plist, or my Tahiti LE 7870 (crippled 7970) gives me a black screen where the login screen would be. I was told 10.9.3 would possibly solve that but I am back to using the Aji frame buffer personality, for now.

Updated with no problem detected [so far]. 4770k+GTX670+1HDMI-2DVI-Outputs. Only applied Audio+TRIM, fixed permission. Thanks, tonymacx86.

No problem... with Z68XP-UD3... I used the combo updater and re-added trim and audio after restart. Ran Disk Utility a number of times!

So I shouldn't update? I have an Nvidia GT 640 and Samsung 250GB EVO SSD. Thanks

Why wouldn't you update?

GT 640 is natively supported, has been for awhile.

I assume you clone your install to another drive and test the upgrades there, right? ;-)

I learned that lesson about Hackintosh, the hard way, many moons ago.

Seeing the same issue with a GA-Z87MX-D3H and GTX660. Cinema Display connected via DisplayPort goes black as soon as Mac OS loads login screen.
Some reports suggest the primary ports of nvidia graphic cards work. So maybe the DP is considered secondary. For now I'm falling back to my on-board graphics.

picked up a displayport cable and still getting no image upon login screen.

looks like I'm going to have to reinstall 10.9.2 :(

After updating I got KP of AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, after replacing this kext with an older one from 10.9.1 KP gone, but I dont know what is this kext for.
Also, now after updating to 10.9.3 I can;t view Extensions loaded from the system information app.

Can confirm. Same exact problem. Boot into -s, and deleted it, absolutely no issues after wards. What the hell.

Anyway, if you need help deleting a kext from command line, use this
http://www.osxlatitude.com/remove-kext-from-single-user-mode/

Best of luck.

Works fine for me.

Hi guys,

just wanna confirm OS X 10.9.3 Update - Smooth on ASUS UX31A.

I didn't realize a big differences from 10.9.2 ;) I'm up and running after update with absolutely no problems (except the problems I had before already). :headbang:

The only thing had to put back my previous version of AppleHDA.kext to make ALC269 Audio work again, that's all.

(May be just a note, my AppleHDA.kext is patched from AppleHDA v2.6, I just saw that Apple now have new AppleHDA v2.6.1 I don't know if it maters or not, and should try to patch the new one?)

Have good evening everybody...

Any word on Nvidia Maxwell support (Geforce GTX 750/750 ti)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back