Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Audio works. After changing the system definition to iMac all seems to work fine.

I found installed this GPU driver: 310.40.35f08 instead of 334.01.01f01.
And later i downloaded Cuda Driver: 6.0.46
My 770GTX seems to run cooler, without power control problems even with "standards" nvidia drivers that are into the 10.9.3 update (see memory & core freq in the picture below).

i found a problem: the previews of my video files have a strange image..

i see the same problem of the preview also on youtube. why?!? but if i refresh the page, the video will play as usual without that "noise"

i have Asus P8P67 (none pro version) on my PC, and i got stuck on Apple logo and a loop logo, i only can get in to the sys by using :GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x
does anyone can fix this?

Gigabyte UP5-TH, i7 3770k - 2 x Nvidia GTX 660 Ti 3GB. After update DisplayPort does't work. HDMI works but as I have a 21:9 3440 x 1440 LG 34UM95 display only getting 50Hz. Before update DisplayPort worked great at this resolution at 60Hz. Any ideas please.... Tried disable internal graphics/GraphicEnableNo/OS Driver and new Nvidia WebDriver. Thanks!

Still no luck Kee? I'm having the exact same issue

I'm confused by Stork's comment in the steps. "you should do a complete MultiBeast configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. Multibeast 6.3 changes how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly."

I used MultiBeast 5.0.2 to build my system. I can't find a previously saved .mb file anywhere. Where does it come from?

I'm confused by Stork's comment in the steps. "you should do a complete MultiBeast configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. Multibeast 6.3 changes how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly."

I used MultiBeast 5.0.2 to build my system. I can't find a previously saved .mb file anywhere. Where does it come from?

MultiBeast 6 and above has a save facility that is not available on the earlier versions. Here is the walkthrough:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/guidebeast.php?halp=multibeast#guide_top

If you have just updated from Mountain Lion then use the latest MultiBeast and do a complete installation of all the same settings.

My instructions were for upgrading to 10.9.3 from 10.9.2. Since you are upgrading from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, you will need to use the UniBeast Installation Guide for Mavericks because you can't just run Apple's Mavericks Installation program like a Mac. Unless you want to do a fresh install, you can skip the UniBeast Installation Guide for Mavericks step for formatting your installation drive and install on top of Mountain Lion to keep your programs, preferences and accounts.

Finally, you'll need to run MultiBeast for Mavericks using a complete configuration "load." The MultiBeast for Mavericks v6 allows you to save the configuration (as a .mb file) for future use. :thumbup:

MultiBeast 6 and above has a save facility that is not available on the earlier versions.

My instructions were for upgrading to 10.9.3 from 10.9.2.:thumbup:

Makes perfect sense now, thanks! So much has changed in the last couple years!

I've been running this build for almost two years now and it's been great for everyday use, but programs start freezing / crashing every time I use Adobe CC for video or Avid Pro Tools 10 & 11 so I need to somehow "start over." I think since I still have a couple plugins that need PT10 I'll need to move up to 10.8.5 first (which Red Giant Universe also supports) and tackle Mavericks another day.

When I built it, I researched and studied up on every setting I would need, but apparently my notes weren't thorough enough to replicate the process two years later. Hopefully I can get things back on track.

Thanks for everything!

Avid Pro Tools 10 & 11
AVoID ProFools also crashes on Apple Computers :)
I wrote tons of BUG reports , which got partly confirmed , but they are so arrogant to not react.

Simply upgrading to 10.8.5 didn't solve my freezing / crashing problem while rendering Adobe Premiere videos.

Found a possible tactic: upgrade to 10.8.5 on my MacBook Pro (to finish any PT10 projects there).

And try to figure out how to upgrade my i7 Hackintosh build to 10.9.3 ... unfortunately I'm having trouble finding a way to get to 10.9.3 now from scratch. All I can find is 10.9.5 (which isn't certified by Avid yet).

Is there a recommended way to get to 10.9.0 anymore? (So I can upgrade to 10.9.3?)

AVoID ProFools also crashes on Apple Computers :)
I wrote tons of BUG reports , which got partly confirmed , but they are so arrogant to not react.

Yeah I agree but I wasn't able to find my symptoms (separate thread on iLok errors) experienced by certified Apple users. Also since Adobe CC has been crashing I've started to think a clean install is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back