Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Woo-hoo! OS X 10.9.3 has turned my Samsung U28D590 into a retina display!

On the down side, I'm getting some occasional flickering at that res, but I can live with that.

I'm using the app store "Display Menu", which I recommend to anyone wanting to experiment with different resolutions.

The screen looks fantastic at 2560x1440 (pixel doubled mode).

I have the same Samsung U28D590D monitor and was looking forward to installing the 10.9.3 update whenever it was released but now I'm not so sure. This flickering you describe isn't something I would want to have to deal with.

I may give it a try anyway and just revert back to 10.9.2 if its too off-putting.

BTW, have you tried changing some of your menu setting for the monitor to see if it helped the flicker you speak of?

I recommend you try:

Menu > Picture > Response Time > Standard

And be sure Game mode is off.

I have a Asus GTX 770 and z87x-ud5th everything still working after the update. As well as my AzureWave AW-CE123H. The only thing that stopped working was my audio, which was a simple fix. I am using clover if that makes a difference.

Anyone here using a Dell UP3214Q 4k?

this update made my graphics card not work. I get to the apple logo but as soon as the login screen is about to appear the monitor says that "HDMI not connected" i'm running a z87n-Wifi motherboard and a gtx 770. anyone have a fix for this? would a displayport cable work or will I have to reinstall the whole OS?

Any one know if there is still an issue with loss of audio after wake from sleep?
Or should we still be rolling back to earlier multibeast audio drivers?

(issue appears to only be affecting people with certain gigabyte motherboards, including me)

I had that same issue with last update (10.9.2), but after installing 10.9.3 I have tried first the 6.2.1 driver and it seems to be working so far.

Cheers

I just update without issue from apple store. Only reinstall applehda.

Z77X-UD5H just reinstalled audio driver with MultiBeast

If you're running a GTX 780ti.

Stay away for now.

Web Drivers from Nvidia are *still* required for 10.9.3

Just tested on my cloned OS install and you won't get any graphics using the 780ti until the new NVIDIA web drivers come out so stay away for now.

Thanks for the heads up you saved me some headaches, I almost installed this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back