Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

stay away for now if you have nvidia cards, hdmi ports are not working

I don't think that is correct. Any native supported NVIDIA cards won't have an issue with 10.9.3.

How about iMessage fix?

VERY good question! I assume we will find out very soon - performing the upgrade as we speak...

Thanks! Combo Link added.

A few things about the update-

2. Intel HD 4600 graphics now show VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB instead of 1024 MB

Only if you're using the default Chimera IGPlatformID. If you're using one of the other values it will still be 1024 MB. :)

Tom

If you got an Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter (82574L) with a modified info.plist be prepared to edit the plist again and run kext-utility to rebuild cache.
Installed it on a Gigabyte z77x-d3h with a nvidia 670 and had no issues besides the update overwriting my modified IONetworkingFamily.kext

Hope this will help Asus Z77-V owners. Got a kernel panic after update from Software Update. Issue is the same as 10.9.2 : need to boot from another working disk to replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from a previous version. Then booted fine. Replaced HDA Audio et enabled Trim. Done. GTX 780 working without issue.

Update went fine to a point was actually installed when trying to shutdown. On boot I had the AppleTYMCED kext issue, fixed by deleting. Now when I boot it boots normal but when t would normally go from boot to OS I lose display connectivity. Tried safe mode -x, -f, -F, and verbose to see if that gave info on what the issue could be. Still no clue and just gonna give up for now till hopefully someone has a fix or just drop it back to last backup.

I don't think that is correct. Any native supported NVIDIA cards won't have an issue with 10.9.3.

I have a gtx 770 2GB running on a gigabyte z87n-WIFI and the update to 10.9.3 made my video card stop working at the login screen with both HDMI and display port cables.

updated to 10.9.3 no issues what so ever only had to reinstall Trim and my ALC887 and no issues what so ever even on the mac pro 6,1 SMBIOS had to re-delete AppleTyMCE.kext & AppleMCE.kext and bomb works 100% on the Z77-DS3H Core i7 3770K iMessage App Store FaceTime and iCloud is still working thanks TonyMac for your hard work :headbang::thumbup::D

Seeing the same issue with a GA-Z87MX-D3H and GTX660. Cinema Display connected via DisplayPort goes black as soon as Mac OS loads login screen.
Some reports suggest the primary ports of nvidia graphic cards work. So maybe the DP is considered secondary. For now I'm falling back to my on-board graphics.

Same thing but getting no signal on no matter what port I try to use. I am running 2 in sli in windows but did't have any issues with 10.9.2. Went through a few things to try and fix but can't see any errors in verbose so don't know what the cause would be.

Edit: Did have the Nvidia drivers as default before the update. Will be attempting to restore to the default drivers in single user and seeing if that gets it working off the native drivers if that is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back